Picture and story entries for Scope marketing
These rules govern the submission of stories and pictures to Scope (registered charity number 208231). The stories and pictures entered will be shared by Scope through their website, and have an opportunity to feature in marketing and communication materials. The pictures will be converted into ‘Scope icons’, which are of a specific style and will be designed by Scope. These will form the graphic representations of your story.
Scope is referred to below as “we”, “us” or “our”. Entrants are referred to below as “you” or “your”.
By entering a story and/or picture, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. You must be at least 18 years old. Where you are not, you must first get the permission of your parent/guardian before entering.
How to enter
3. Entries may be made online at www.scope.org.uk/share or by post Scope, FREEPOST LON 8654, London, N7 9BR.
4. You must explain in less than 300 characters what you want to be possible in the next few years and enter a single image or a description of a single image which represents your story. If you are making your entry online, you will also have the option to select from pre-made images which could represent your story. Your story should be reflective of a world where disabled people have the same opportunities in life as everyone else.
5. There is no deadline for making your entry but entries made before 31 October 2011 will also be considered to be included in our logo design after being converted into ‘Scope icons’.
6. The number of stories and pictures you can enter is not limited.
7. The stories and pictures will be selected to use for our marketing and communications at our absolute discretion.
8. You will be notified via email (or post if you make a postal entry) once your story and picture are uploaded to the website (www.scope.org.uk/share). You will not be notified if no contact details or email address are provided with your entry. No further correspondence will be entered into if we use your story and picture in future marketing or communications.
9. Subject to the permissions below, the entries will be posted on our website and used as part of our marketing and communications.
Copyright and permissions
By submitting entries to this competition, you confirm and warrant that:
10. You are the sole author of your entry and it is your own original work.
11. You own the copyright and any other intellectual property in your entry and the permissions given here do not conflict with any other rights you may have granted over the use of your entry, or may grant in future.
12. You grant us permission to use your entry throughout the world for any of our commercial or non-commercial purposes in all and any media, including, without limitation, in our printed publications, presentations, promotional materials, in the advertising of our goods or services or on our websites, in its original format or edited, altered or combined with other works in any way which we deem appropriate. For example, for reasons of space and appropriateness of marketing use we may edit and change stories we use. We will do our best to ensure the essence and sentiment of the story are not changed. In particular, you also agree that we may combine any image submitted by you, or work derived from it, with other images for the purposes of creating our own original work that shall be used and applied for registration as a trade mark for use as part of our new branding campaign (and you shall have no rights in such mark or goodwill accruing from its use).
13. You give up all present and future rights to be named as the author of your entry (in its original format or otherwise) and to object to derogatory treatment of your entry.
14. You shall not be entitled to make any claim in respect of payment, editorial control and any use of the entry or any works derived from it.
15. You agree that these permissions may not be withdrawn and shall last forever and shall be binding on you, your successors and assignees.
16. You agree to indemnify us in relation to any claims, liabilities and expenses arising out of any claim that our activities under this permission infringe the rights of any third party.
17. You have read these permissions carefully and fully understand their contents.
18. We do not accept responsibility for entries which we do not receive due to failures in computer systems, other malfunctions, high Internet traffic, hardware failure, software failure, server faults, postal errors or any other reason. Proof of entry is not automatically proof of receipt.
19. We are unable to return any postal entries.
20. We reserve the right to disqualify any entry that, in our sole opinion, does not comply with these conditions, the spirit of the new brand or is offensive or abusive.
21. We do not accept any liability for any direct, indirect, special or consequential losses or damages of whatever nature, including but not limited to loss of anticipated savings, data, goodwill or contracts arising out of your entry into the competition. We exclude all warranties, express or implied, relating to the competition to the fullest extent permitted by law.
22. Nothing in these conditions excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence, fraud, fraudulent misrepresentation or any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
23. If any of these conditions are found to be unenforceable it shall not affect the enforceability of the rest of them.
24. These conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. The English Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear disputes between us.