This new IRONMAN event will run in conjunction with IRONMAN 70.3 Weymouth, bringing thousands of athletes to England's South Coast in early September for the ultimately one-day test of endurance.
As host venue of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic sailing events, Weymouth and Portland is used to staging international sport at the highest level. This popular seaside holiday resort, with its fine Georgian seafront, provides an impressive backdrop to the Bay's long arc of fine, golden sand. The views from the bay are spectacular, stretching across the horizon taking in the World Heritage Jurassic Coastline. Weymouth's beautiful sandy beaches, rich heritage, and spectacular coastline make it an ideal location for IRONMAN.
The swim will take place in Weymouth Bay, with the stunning backdrop of the Jurassic Coastline. The bike course will offer speed, hills, and the charm of the Dorset countryside. The multi-lap run will take athletes around the town, harbour and the historic Weymouth seafront, where sailing competitions took place during the 2012 Olympic Games.
Join our team
- An exclusive Scope team running vest
- Cheers from dozens of Scope supporters along the route
- A pack of helpful fundraising and training tips
- Regular encouragement and motivation by email
- The amazing feeling of making a real contribution to Scope's work with disabled people and their families