Guide to medical negligence claims
This guide is to help you if you are considering making a claim for medical negligence (also called clinical negligence). It is for you if you:
- believe a hospital or care service may have caused avoidable harm to you or your child that has led to disability
- believe you or your child may be entitled to compensation as a result
- want to know more about the process involved in making a claim
- want help with finding a suitable solicitor to assist you
Sections covered are:
- Why make a medical negligence claim?
- What's involved in a medical negligence claim?
- Choosing a clinical negligence solicitor
- A list of medical negligence solicitors
- How will your claim be funded?
- Providing evidence
Clinical negligence actions can be complex and lengthy but the right legal support and backing from a network of experts can really help.