Set up an online fundraising page with Virgin Money Giving so people can donate quickly and easily.
Benefits of using Virgin Money Giving
Setting up an online fundraising page is a fantastic and easy way to raise money. Your page can be personalised and then the link can be emailed to all your friends, family and work colleagues, allowing them to easily sponsor you at the click of a button.
This is a great way to save effort; you do not have to ask each of your sponsors to collect the funds. These will be regularly transferred to us, which will then be added to your total amount raised. What's more gift aid is claimed automatically.
An online fundraising page can then be linked it to social networking sites, such as Facebook (please use the Virgin money giving application), Twitter and MySpace. Use all means possible to publicise your fundraising efforts.
Ideas for fundraising online
- Use Twitter to promote your page and update your progress
- Write a blog and update your friends
- Put a link to your fundraising page on your email signature at work
- Put something up on your work intranet site or send an email for your event
- Create a Facebook group to promote you event
- Email your contacts for sponsorship
- Set up an online fantasy football league
- Join blogs on sporting websites to promote your fundraising
- Put interesting stories and photos on your fundraising page
- Create Flickr and YouTube posts, documenting your progress
- Set up a website for your event and sell space to companies
- Get people to sponsor you to put up embarrassing photos of you on Facebook
Got a funny photo of your event or training, send it to the Events Team.