Transition service, Cardiff
Our new transition service supports young disabled people aged between 18-25 to prepare and plan for their future.
“Scope provides a programme really tailored to my son’s needs and I think that’s the most important thing.”
We offer a stimulating, vibrant and supportive environment where young people with complex support needs can develop their skills for independence, in preparation for adult life. Young people using the service will be able to choose from a variety of activities matched to their needs. The service is in Leckwith (not far from the Cardiff City Stadium), with easy access to further education colleges, leisure facilities, shops, cafes, bars and public transport.
There are 15 places: accommodation consists of three purpose-built five-bedroom bungalows. Each bedroom has an en-suite wet room with tracking throughout. We offer full-time placements (of up to three years) as well as respite for regular or planned short breaks.
Tailored programme of activities
A typical programme might include:
- access to further education opportunities at local colleges
- life and social skills training
- expert support from staff who understand the most complex support needs
- availability of therapy services through highly qualified staff
- developing skills to live more independently
- support with further transition at the end of the three-year programme
- support to successfully move on from the service.
For more details about any of Scope's services, please contact Scope Response.