This route will take you through the Sherpa capital of Namche Bazaar through beautiful valleys, dense forests and across glacial rivers, before you reach the famous viewpoint of Kalaptar on the approach to Everest Base Camp.
Highlights of the trip include:
- Exploring the colourful and frenetic capital of Kathmandu
- Meeting Nepalese villagers, renowned for their friendliness and fascinating culture
- Enjoying awe-inspiring views of Everest and the surrounding peaks
- Experienced Discover Adventure trip leaders, as well as a fantastic local support crew of guides, drivers, cooks and porters.
- Staying in Nepalese teahouses along the route and experiencing the hospitality of the local people.
The trip is designed especially by our challenge partners, Discover Adventure so that there is plenty of time to acclimatise to the altitude. Though the terrain is varied, this trek is achievable for most people, provided you train well in advance, using Discover Adventure's own thorough training guide, Which you will receive after registering.
This is a tough but rewarding adventure – the most iconic challenge around.