To find information about accessible leisure activities, try:

The Rough Guide to Accessible Britain has listings of accessible days out. The guide is free to blue badge holders.  

DisabledGo provides online access information to more than 90,000 venues across the UK and Ireland. 

WhereWeCanGo has a search facility to find wheelchair accessible events. 

Euan's Guide lists information about accessible toilets, wheelchair access, hearing loops and other access features of venues across the UK and beyond. 

Accomable is a service to help people with mobility difficulties find accessible properties around the world.

Direct Enquiries lists accessible toilets and other facilities in your area.

Can I get financial help to go on holiday?

Check for grants for organisations that can help towards the cost of holidays. 

Can I get care support on holiday?

The Disabled Holiday Directory is an online directory of organisations and venues that cater for disabled people (including supported overseas holidays).  

Tourism for All UK (TFA) is an independent charity supporting leisure and tourism opportunities for all. TFA provides information about places where care is available.  

Disaway Holidays organises group holidays for physically disabled people. The trust provides a helper who looks after the needs of one holidaymaker, assisting with washing, dressing, toileting and general support. 

Revitalise is a national charity that specialises in short breaks throughout the year for adults and children (aged six and older) with physical disabilities, dementia or sight impairment, and their carers. The charity has holiday centres around the UK, and also offers holidays in Spain and Germany. All Revitalise centres are registered as personal care centres and most are also registered as nursing care centres. However, the charity does not have the resources to provide holidays for people who are bed-dependent, or who have uncontrolled epilepsy, learning difficulties or mental health problems.

Mind for you offers supported holidays for people living with dementia and their carers. 

The Calvert Trust runs outdoor adventure activities in the countryside. These activities help disabled children and adults, along with their families and friends, to fulfil their potential. The trust has 3 purpose-built centres with full-board or self-catering accommodation around the UK, offering a range of sports and recreational activities.  

The Jumbulance Trust is a small, national charity which makes travel possible for disabled and other disadvantaged individuals with life-limiting conditions through group disabled coach holidays across the UK and Europe.

Phab Clubs Wales create opportunities for children and adults of all abilities to enjoy life together by supporting a network of 11 clubs throughout Wales, offering activities and holidays that members can share and enjoy together.

Check out our online community for tips on days out and suggestions for accessible holidays.

Access to arts, culture and the countryside

For the latest subtitled cinema releases, visit your local cinema and search for your nearest town.

Hynt works with theatres and arts centres in Wales to make sure there is a consistent offer available for visitors with an impairment or specific access requirement, and their carers or personal assistants. 

Accessible Countryside for Everyone promotes sport and recreation for disabled people, specifically for wheelchair users, or organisations that encourage inclusion and participation.

Disability sport

Read our introduction to disability sport and exercise, including contact details for disability sport groups and organisations.

Contact our helpline