Further assistance payments to help with debt

As well as grants for utility debts, you can apply for a Further Assistance Payment for:

  • Council Tax debts
  • other utility debt
  • telephone debts
  • household items
  • boiler repairs or replacement
  • bankruptcy deposits or Debt Relief Orders (DRO)
  • funeral expenses
  • rent debts

Seek money advice first

Only people who can provide evidence of their exceptional need will be considered for funding. 

Get money advice from your local Citizens Advice before applying for Further Assistance Payments.

Is this content helpful?

Great! Tell us how it helped.

We're sorry to hear that. Tell us how we can improve it.

Need more help?

Opens in a new windowOpens an external siteOpens an external site in a new window