These terms and conditions apply to the Make It Count challenge. By registering for the Make It Count Challenge you agree to these terms.
The Make It Count challenge is organised by Scope. We are a registered charity (charity no. 208231) and a limited company in England and Wales (company no. 520866).
Our registered address is at Here East Press Centre, 14 East Bay Lane, E15 2GW.
If you are under the age of 16, you must have the consent and support of a guardian. The parent or guardian should complete the registration and signs up to these terms and conditions.
Coronavirus and fundraising
You are responsible for organising your own fundraising activities. You must run all Make It Count challenge activities in line with relevant laws and guidance, including the UK Government’s coronavirus guidance.
You also need to comply with fundraising law including any guidance or instructions issued by Scope.
Health and wellbeing
You are responsible for ensuring that you are fit and healthy enough to take part in the challenge. If you are unsure if you’re physically fit to take part in the challenge or any of the activities, you should seek medical advice from your doctor.
We know that you will try your hardest to raise as much as you can for Scope. That’s why we are rewarding great fundraising.
For registered participants of the challenge who have a JustGiving page allocated to raise funds for Scope:
- Raise £100 or more by 11.59pm on 30 September 2021 through your JustGiving page and receive a medal in the post from us to acknowledge your great efforts! If you are sharing a page with others, you will receive one medal for every £100 raised. This is capped at the total number of people fundraising together.
- The first 100 people who raise at least £5 by 11.59pm on 30 September 2021 through their JustGiving page will receive a T-shirt to acknowledge their efforts too. Due to limited stock, we can only give 1 T-shirt for every fundraising page, including pages shared between multiple people fundraising together.
We will use the address you have provided to post the rewards you qualify for to you. Please allow at least 14 days for either reward to be posted to you.
Medals will only be sent out after the challenge has ended on 5 September 2021.
We are only able to ship to UK addresses. These rewards are subject to availability.
All monies raised offline, in connection with the challenge are held by you on trust for Scope. You have a legal responsibility to ensure that all sponsorship received by you in connection with the challenge are paid to Scope.
We ask that you do this as soon as possible after receiving the monies or completing the challenge.
Please contact the events team for details on how to pay in any offline funds.
Use of your personal information
By providing your information when you register for the challenge, you are agreeing to:
- Scope using your information for the purposes of administration and organisation
- Contacting you to discuss fundraising activity
- Scope sending you other communications about our work, where you have opted in
You participate in fundraising and the challenge entirely at your own risk. So far as permitted by law, Scope shall not be liable in connection with your fundraising activities or your participation in the challenge. Scope shall not be liable for any consequential, indirect or special losses.