Marathon des Sables
- Friday 3 April 2020 to Monday 13 April 2020
- 156 miles
Marathon des Sables (MdS) is a truly unique, multi-day ultra-marathon through one of the world’s most inhospitable environments – the Sahara Desert.
Alongside a thousand other runners you’ll cover 156 miles of dunes, rocky jebels and salt plains in six gruelling days of running and trekking. Temperatures will hit 50 degrees celsius and you'll be carrying everything you need to be self-sufficient, including food, clothing and equipment.
It's the toughest footrace on Earth. Have you got what it takes?
- Return flights to Morocco (from London)
- Transfers (in Morocco)
- Race entry
- Basic insurance
- Race essentials (water rations, medical team, ground assistance)
- Email facilities during the race
- Official race medal, t-shirt and film
Join Team Scope and you'll get
- A specialist heat acclimation session
- A technical Scope running vest
- A dedicated member of the Scope Events team who will help you create a bespoke fundraising plan
- Insider advice and support from our MdS Alumni
To be considered for a place on Team Scope, please complete the online application form giving as much information as you can about your fundraising plans. If accepted onto the team, you will need to pay a £500 registration fee to secure your place.