Marathon des Sables
- Friday 3 April 2020 to Monday 13 April 2020
- 156 miles
Marathon des Sables (MdS) is a truly unique, multi-day ultra-marathon through one of the world’s most inhospitable environments – the Sahara Desert.
It's the toughest footrace on Earth. Have you got what it takes?
Your MdS experience
Over 6 life changing days you’ll run over 250km (156 miles) through endless dunes, over rocky jebels, and across white-hot salt plains. Sun, sand and sweat (lots of it!) will be your companions as you race through the desert in the toughest footrace on earth.
The long stage has become a legend in itself. You’ll run out in the Saharan morning, into the dusk and then the dark, many not finishing the 80+km (52 miles) till well into the next day. You’ll push yourself to levels you didn’t think were possible. You’ll learn things about endurance and stamina you couldn’t have imagined. And you’ll feel superhuman when you cross that finish line – a hero.
- Return flights from London to Morocco
- Transfers (in Morocco)
- Race entry
- Basic insurance
- Race essentials (water rations, medical team, ground assistance)
- Email facilities during the race
- Official race medal, t-shirt and film
Team Scope perks
- Expert fundraising support and a bespoke fundraising plan from our Events Team to make reaching the fundraising target easy and fun
- Insider advice and support from our MdS Alumni
- A specialist heat acclimation session before your departure
- A free technical Scope running vest
We'd be delighted to receive your application for one of our charity places! Please complete the online application form giving as much information as much detail as possible on why you want to run with Scope and how you plan to raise the £6,999 target. We'll then be in touch to discuss your application.
If your application is successful, there's a £500 registration fee to secure your place.