Power Up and Play
- Monday 1 November 2021 to Wednesday 10 November 2021
Power Up and Play is a gaming fundraising event for every gamer. From casual to competitive gaming and live streaming.
Whether you're aiming to beat your high score, just relax or share your unique experience of gaming. We have activities and challenges for all.
Designed in collaboration with disabled gamers, we want to shine a light on the importance of accessibility and the power of inclusion.
How you can Power Up and Play
You can start your Power Up and Play experience in 4 simple steps.
- Choose your activity or challenge and if you want to livestream.
- Set up your fundraising page, choose your target and get sharing.
- Tune in to Power Up and Play live events and get inspired.
- Start gaming your way, and fundraising for Scope.
Accessibility in gaming
Gaming has many benefits, like:
- helping with relaxation
- managing stress, and
But two thirds of disabled gamers told us they face barriers. These barriers stop disabled people from enjoying the benefits of gaming.
Accessibility in gaming: learn more
By taking part in Power Up and Play, you are not only supporting disabled people and their families. You are also shining a light on the importance of accessibility and power of inclusion. We want to see gaming made truly accessible.
It's game over for disability inequality!
How your fundraising helps
Your support helps us continue to offer our vital information and advice services, like our helpline and online community.
- £100 could help us run our online community for 1 week, providing a supportive forum for over 100,000 disabled people, parents and carers.
- £317.50 could support a young disabled person with careers advice from career pathways.
- £500 could cover the cost of 50 phone calls to our helpline giving free, independent and impartial advice.