PlayStation streaming guide
This will allow you to stream your PlayStation games from your console to your laptop or desktop. To do this, you’ll need
- a PS4 or PS5,
- a laptop or desktop connected to the same Wi-Fi
- and a DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller or DualSense controller.
Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the download. During the installation, you might see a request to download additional software that’s needed to use PS Remote Play. To download this software, follow the on-screen instructions.
2. Now, set up your PlayStation console
You’ll only need to do this the first time you use Remote Play.
- From the home screen, select ’Settings’, then ‘System’, then ‘Remote Play’, and then turn on ‘Enable Remote Play’.
- To start Remote Play while your PS5 console is in rest mode, select ‘Settings’, then ‘System’, then ‘Power Saving’, then ‘Features Available in Rest Mode’. Then turn on ‘Stay Connected to the Internet’ and ‘Enable Turning on PS5 from Network’.
- Once you’ve configured your console, you can start using Remote Play. Turn on your PS console or put it into rest mode.
- Use a USB cable to connect your controller to your PC.
- Launch PS Remote Play on your PC, and then select ‘Sign In to PSN’. Sign in with the same account details that you use for your PS console.
- Select your PlayStation. The app will search PS console that you’ve signed in to using your account, and then connects to the console automatically. After it connects, the screen of your PS5 console displays on your PC and you can start using Remote Play. If multiple PS consoles are found, select the console that you’d like to use.
3. You're now ready to start using OBS.
- Open OBS
- On the bottom left-hand corner of the screen is the ‘Scenes’ panel. Select the ‘+’ button under ‘Scenes’ to create a new scene.
- Next to this panel is the ‘Sources’ panel. This is where you input the source of the video and audio content for your stream. Select the ‘+’ button and select ‘Window Capture’.
- This will open a new pop-up. Select ‘PS Remote Play’ under ‘Window’ and then click ’okay’.
- Your PlayStation gameplay should now be visible through OBS.
- Once you’re happy with how it looks, press ‘Start Streaming’.