Xbox streaming guide
This will allow you to stream your Xbox games from your console to your laptop or desktop. This will only work if you have Xbox One and Windows 10 version 10586.0 or higher. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the download.
2. Now, set up the Xbox Console Companion app
- Once launched, click the ‘connection’ button on the left-hand menu.
- If you already have your device listed, select your device. Otherwise, select’ Add a device’.
- This will open a new window and will search for any console connected to your Wi-Fi. Your Xbox must be turned on at this stage.
- Once it finds your Xbox, select it.
3. You're now ready to start using OBS.
- Open OBS
- On the bottom left-hand corner of the screen is the ‘Scenes’ panel. Select the ‘+’ button under ‘Scenes’ to create a new scene.
- Next to this panel is the ‘Sources’ panel. This is where you input the source of the video and audio content for your stream. Select the ‘+’ button and select ‘Window Capture’.
- This will open a new pop-up. Select ‘Xbox Console Companion’ under ‘Window’ and then click ’okay’.
- Your Xbox gameplay should now be visible through OBS.
- Once you’re happy with how it looks, press ‘Start Streaming’.