- Sunday 1 December 2019
- Dorney Lake, Windsor
- 1, 5 or 10 kilometres
Brought to you by the creators of Superhero Tri, Winter Wonderwheels is a festive extravaganza. With no cut off times and the freedom to bring any equipment you might need to help you complete the distance, you're invited to cycle, run, walk, wheel, push or be pushed around 3 enticing lakeside challenges.
Your Winter Wonderwheels experience
Choose your distance from one of 3 challenges, located at the beautiful Dorney Lake, Windsor.
- Lakeside Dash (1km): This straight, smooth course is far enough to give you a great workout but short enough to keep the end in sight. A great choice for anyone looking to try a sporting event for the first time or for those looking to beat a personal best!
- Once Round the Lake (5km): This spectacular circular route is on level tarmacked surfaces and takes in some fantastic views of the iconic stretch of water, which featured in the London Olympics 2012. The course gradient is one of the flattest you’ll find in the whole of the UK, so get ready for some super times!
- Twice Round the Lake (10km): This is the same circular route as ‘Once Round the Lake’, but you get to do it twice!
Go solo or unite the dream team. Anything goes! Everyone is also welcome to bring a Sidekick to push, guide or simply accompany them around the course.
Winter Wonderwheels is made for disabled people, by disabled people, so to take part, all solo entrants or at least one team member must identify as disabled.
Team Scope participant 2018
I am so glad I picked Scope. I got fantastic emails and calls once I had signed up full of encouragement and thanks. I had an overall fantastic experience in my first ever charity fundraising event.
Team Scope perks
- Expert fundraising support from our Scope Events Team to make reaching the fundraising target easy and fun
- Free technical Scope running vest (made from recycled plastic) to help you look the part
- Training plans to suit every level
- A Super Kit goody bag, t-shirt and finishers medal
The difference you can make
By signing up to Winter Wonderwheels with Scope, you'll be raising vital funds to help us end inequality for disabled people.
We know that nearly half of disabled people feel excluded from society. We work tirelessly to campaign for change so that disabled people and their families can enjoy equality and fairness in their everyday lives.
£65 could pay for one week of support for a disabled person to access our Starting Line service; a pre-employment training programme for disabled people at the start of the journey into work.
£140 could enable a disabled volunteer to inspire 20 school students to be positive about disability at a Role Models session.
£225 could cover the cost of 25 phone calls to the Scope Helpline, providing free, independent and impartial advice and support on issues that matter to disabled people and their families.
Caller to the Scope Helpline
I can honestly say that I don’t think I could have coped had it not been for the Helpline. They have given me so much time and support through all my difficulties and battles.