Help for Lead Professionals on short breaks and activities in Leeds
Leeds City Council coordinates the delivery of services via a nominated Lead Professional, who could be someone like a teacher, a nursery nurse or a health visitor.
Scope has been commissioned by Leeds City Council to help Lead Professionals support families with disabled children access short breaks and activities.
- Most disabled children will use universal activities just like everyone else. An activity provider may need help to begin with, to provide a fully inclusive service. Scope can help with a training grant or resources to make adjustments.
- If universal activities don’t seem appropriate then you might consider a targeted short break. Scope can point you towards targeted short breaks and help you apply.
- Some disabled children might need a specialist service which would require an assessment.
Scope support for Lead Professionals
Scope can help you by:
- attending multi-agency meetings
- facilitating peer support
- running workshops
- offering one to one support
- joining you for home visits
- advising on short break requests