Parents Connect is a 6-week support programme for parents and carers of young disabled people in Leeds.
The service is for you, if you:
- are an adult aged 18 or over
- are the parent or carer of a young disabled person between the age of 0 and 18
- live in Leeds
The support you will get
Parents Connect will give you:
- the opportunity to meet and talk with other parents in a local social setting
- additional information to help you support your child
A Course Facilitator will check in with you in the second and sixth week of the programme.
The sessions will be in groups of up to 12 parents or carers. There will be 6 parent groups, one each week.
Parent groups take place:
- Monday to Friday between 9am and 9pm
- Saturdays between 9am and 12pm
Each parent group will:
- last a couple of hours
- encourage you to talk to others in the group
- provide you with information about local and national services
We will do our best to place you in a group that is close to where you live, but this cannot be guaranteed.
It's not suitable for everyone
Parents Connect cannot help you with:
Your experience is important to us
At the end of the programme, you will be given the opportunity to feedback on your experience with Parents Connect. This could be a short survey or telephone call. All feedback will be used to improve the service we offer.