Charity shop manager person specification
Job title: Shop Manager
Reports to: Manager 2 - Retail Regional Operations
Direct reports: 1
Budget resource and responsibility: As agreed with manager
Grade specific competencies
- Proven organisational and prioritising skills
- Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to provide excellent customer service in an efficient and courteous manner
- Ability to be flexible, respond positively to change, and work effectively under pressure and deal with conflicting priorities
- Ability to motivate self and others
- Demonstrable understanding of the social model of disability and clarity about the contribution of Retail to achieving social change and what Scope does.
Standard role-based competencies
- Numerate with the ability to calculate figures
- Experience of carrying out administrative tasks
- Able to be accountable for cash handling, banking and security associated with the task
- Proven retail or customer service experience
- Able to apply and be accountable for health and safety processes within the shop
- Experience of managing a team
- Good written communication skills
- Must be willing to work on Saturdays and Bank Holidays as required
- Must be willing to undertake relevant training and attend meetings as required
- Must be prepared to work in other shops occasionally if requested
- Must be willing to act as key holder
- Experience of conducting staff appraisals and / or performance development reviews
- Knowledge of merchandising and displays
- Possess an interest / awareness in fashion trends
- Experience of working in a charity shop
- Experience of working with budgets
- Must be willing to work the occasional Sunday as required in line with peak trading periods such as Christmas and sales promotions
- Must be able to lift heavy and / or bulky items
Core behaviours – with example indicators
- Supporting Scope: Communicates to the team and others about how we can contribute to Scope's strategic direction.
- Taking responsibility: Plans ahead and agrees and achieves SMART objectives.
- Solving problems: Support team to develop new ideas and change things for the better within my unit.
- Valuing customers: Engage with customers on their terms, using different approaches to suit the situation.
- Working as part of a team: Manages differences constructively, dealing effectively with conflict and valuing diversity.
Travel / residence
- Travel may be required throughout the area and elsewhere within England and Wales for training and meetings
- Incumbent to live within reasonable commuting distance of the shop responsible for.