Course facilitator parents connect job description
Job title: Course facilitator - Parents Connect
Reports to: Manager of Parents Connect
Team: Parents Connect
Salary: £24,327 (pro rota)
To support the delivery of and deliver workshop/sessions to parents and carers of disabled children. To provide the Parents Connect service to parents or carers of disabled children ensuring a smooth customer journey and offer support to families whilst they are in contact with the service. To assist the Team Leader with the development and improvement of delivery content and material.
- To support the successful delivery of the Parents connect service in Leeds
- To work with the team leader to develop and deliver regular Parents Connect content, materials and activities across Leeds
- To offer support to families whilst they are in contact with the service
- To positively promote the service and Scope to members of the local community
- To respond to referrals and queries to the service in a timely manner
- To work towards the service KPIs
Mandatory for all staff
- Work seamlessly across department or team boundaries in a collaborative and constructive manner to implement Scope’s strategic direction.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service excellence and deliver against the requirements of Scope’s quality framework.
- Work within Scope’s policies and procedures.
- Scope staff and volunteers
- Local Authorities, local organisations, parents and carer groups, parents and families of disabled children
Knowledge and experience
- Lived experience of disability or professional experience of supporting parents and carers of disabled children
- Good working knowledge of what constitutes meaningful support for parents of disabled children
- Proven track record in working with and supporting families of disabled children
- Experience of facilitating community groups or equivalent
- Knowledge of local statutory and voluntary agencies
- Experience of delivering training
- Demonstrable understanding of the social model of disability
- Parent/carer of a disabled child
Skills and competencies
- Customer service skills
- Committed to multi agency working
- Experience of development work
- Evidence of effective IT skills