Digital marketing manager job description
Job title: Digital marketing manager
Reports to: Head of Digital Engagement Strategy
Department: Marketing, fundraising and communications
Team: Digital engagemant strategy
Location: Here East, Stratford - Scope head office
Salary: £40,000 to £45,000
Direct reports: two
Budget/Resource responsibility: None
- To provide strategic direction and direct the delivery of the activities of the Digital Marketing function within Digital Engagement Strategy.
- Manage and oversee the planning, management, delivery, analysis and reporting on integrated digital marketing activity to achieve agreed objectives and targets.
- To provide outstanding client service, training and support to the organisation.
- To line manage and develop the Digital Marketing team
Main responsibilities and accountabilities
- Manage and oversee the planning, management, delivery, analysis and reporting of paid and grants search, paid social, display, mobile, email or other digital marketing activities as required
- Provide strategic direction and insight for Scope’s overarching digital marketing activities, utilising industry trends and analysis
- Develop, implement and continually improve digital marketing processes within the Digital Marketing team and organisation, including briefing, process and reporting systems
- Embed a planning and analysis approach within the Digital Marketing team to enable the continual testing of digital marketing campaigns, ensuring campaigns are optimised, tested and continuously improved and channel effectiveness is evaluated
- Manage and oversee a working practice that ensures all digital marketing outputs are accessible, appropriately branded, high quality, measurable and deliver effectively against agreed objectives and targets
- Line manage the Digital Marketing team, allocating areas of work, upskilling the team where necessary and taking responsibility for supporting their personal development
- Oversee management of the email management platform, instilling best practice for email campaigns, reporting and utilisation of insight to optimise email communications
- Develop, manage, plan, deliver, analyse and report on technical and off-site SEO, and plan and deliver on-site SEO
- Deliver and present digital marketing performance reports and recommendations to stakeholders, utilising digital marketing analytics and reporting systems, including Google Analytics.
- Lead digital marketing training programmes for the organisation, developing and delivering digital marketing training programmes, training and best practice guides.
- Identify and build strategic relationships with internal and external stakeholders (including suppliers and partners) to achieve objectives and targets.
- Provide outstanding client service and account support to internal stakeholders including leading the planning, development, implementation and reporting of digital marketing activity to achieve objectives, including target revenue, traffic and conversion rates.
Mandatory for all staff
- Work seamlessly across department or team boundaries in a collaborative and constructive manner to implement Scope’s strategic direction.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service excellence and deliver against the requirements of Scope’s quality framework.
- Work within Scope’s policies and procedures.
- Staff and volunteers across Scope
- Marketing, Fundraising and Communications Senior Leadership Team
- All internal teams with digital marketing requirements or responsibilities including: Marketing Fundraising and Communications, Customer Strategy and Engagement, Retail, and Policy and Research
- Marketing suppliers and contractors
- Corporate partners and other funders
- Visitors to our website, users of our social network profiles and recipients of our email communications
- Customers of our shops and services
- Donors and supporters