Digital marketing manager person specification
Job title: Digital marketing manager
Reports to: Head of Digital Engagement Strategy
Department: Marketing, fundraising and communications
Team: Digital engagemant strategy
Location: Here East, Stratford - Scope head office
Salary: £40,000 to £45,000
Direct reports: two
Budget/Resource responsibility: None
- No specific qualifications are required. Focus is on skills, experience and an obvious appetite for continued personal development.
- AdWords certification and Google Analytics academy desirable.
Knowledge and experience
- Experience and evidence of success in implementing, managing and optimising integrated digital marketing strategies and campaigns across channels
- Experience of reporting on email performance and utilising insight to optimise email communications to supporters
- Evidence of utilising data and insight to drive digital marketing strategies
- Experience of line management and leading a digital marketing team
- Experienced in analytics and reporting systems, including Google Analytics, to interpret and improve performance, and supporting others to utilise and develop understanding of platforms
- Experience in responding to digital marketing briefs and working alongside stakeholders to meet objectives and targets
- Experience in implementing best practice guidelines for ad copy writing within brand and tone of voice guidelines
- Evidence of successfully utilising testing within digital campaigns to ensure they are optimised and continuously improved
- Experience of writing and presenting reports into digital activity performance
- Passion for digital marketing
- Experience of working with data to agreed standards and best practice
- Experience of working to and maintaining advertising and marketing governance standards
- Experience of working with and managing digital advertising and marketing agencies
- Demonstrable understanding of the social model of disability
- Passion for consumer and competitor insight and proven track record of using this to build engagement
- Experience in developing and delivering digital marketing training programmes and the production of training and best practice guides
- Knowledge of advertising and marketing legal compliance, accessibility and usability standards
- Experience of the development, management, planning, delivery, analysis and reporting of technical and off-site search engine optimization (SEO), and supporting the planning and delivery of on-site SEO.
Skills and competencies
- Provides evidence of effective IT skills particularly Microsoft Office and digital channel management software, including advertising and email management systems, social networks, evaluation and analytics tools
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills to produce briefs, advertising copy, reports or presentations to communicate with stakeholders in a clear, meaningful and effective way
- Demonstrates a facilitative management style able to build and maintain effective internal and external relationships and resolve conflict where necessary.
- Ability to be flexible, respond positively to change, and work effectively under pressure and deal with conflicting priorities
- Demonstrates diplomacy, sensitivity and empathy with the issues of disability
We are ambitious and determined to drive change. We focus on the impact we have. We innovate and strive for better, pushing ourselves and our boundaries.
We are single-minded in our desire to achieve equality. We are bold, challenging the status quo, ourselves and each other. Not afraid to fail fast and learn quickly.
We connect and collaborate internally and externally, to create a fairer society. We’ll listen and share, tapping into the expertise of others.
We are transparent about what we do and how we do things. Creating supportive, accessible environments – building trust with each other and our customers to achieve more.
We make sure everyone has a fair chance. We value and respect each other’s expertise and diversity. We take responsibility for what we do and support each other to succeed.