Job title: Digital marketing officer
Reports to: Digital marketing manager
Department: Marketing, fundraising and communications
Team: Digital engagemant strategy
Location: Here East, Stratford - Scope head office
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000 per year
Contract: 6 month interim contract
Budget/Resource responsibility: None
- No specific qualifications are required. Focus is on skills, experience and an obvious appetite for continued personal development.
- AdWords certification and Google Analytics academy desirable.
Knowledge and experience
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of setting up, managing and optimising pay-per-click (PPC) advertising campaigns on Google, Bing and Facebook.
- Experience of reporting on email performance and utilising insight to optimise email communications to supporters.
- Data and insight driven approach to digital marketing.
- Understanding of analytics and reporting systems, including Google Analytics, to interpret and improve performance.
- Experience of responding to digital marketing briefs and working alongside stakeholders to meet objectives and targets.
- Experience of writing advertising copy within brand and tone of voice guidelines.
- Understanding of using testing within digital campaigns to ensure they are optimised and continuously improved.
- Experience of writing and presenting reports into digital activity performance.
- Passion for digital marketing and desire to learn and gain further experience.
- Experience of working with data to agreed standards and best practice.
- Experience of working to and maintaining advertising and marketing governance standards.
- Experience of recommending and testing changes to the functionality or design of digital marketing channels to achieve objectives and targets.
- Passion for consumer and competitor insight and proven track record of using this to build engagement.
- Has experience in supporting the delivery of digital marketing training programmes and the production of training and best practice guides.
- Experience of working with advertising and marketing agencies.
- Knowledge of advertising and marketing legal compliance, accessibility and usability standards.
- Experience of teaching and mentoring others.
- Supporting the development, management, planning, delivery, analysis and reporting of technical and off-site search engine optimization (SEO), and supporting the planning and delivery of on-site SEO.
- Demonstrable understanding of the social model of disability.
Skills and competencies
- Provides evidence of effective IT skills particularly Microsoft Office and digital channel management software such as advertising and email management systems, social networks, evaluation and analytics tools.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills to produce briefs, advertising copy, reports or presentations to communicate with stakeholders in a clear, meaningful and effective way.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to be flexible, respond positively to change, and work effectively under pressure and deal with conflicting priorities.
- Demonstrates diplomacy, sensitivity and empathy with the issues of disability.
We are ambitious and determined to drive change. We focus on the impact we have. We innovate and strive for better, pushing ourselves and our boundaries.
We are single-minded in our desire to achieve equality. We are bold, challenging the status quo, ourselves and each other. Not afraid to fail fast and learn quickly.
We connect and collaborate internally and externally, to create a fairer society. We’ll listen and share, tapping into the expertise of others.
We are transparent about what we do and how we do things. Creating supportive, accessible environments – building trust with each other and our customers to achieve more.
We make sure everyone has a fair chance. We value and respect each other’s expertise and diversity. We take responsibility for what we do and support each other to succeed.