Digital marketing specialist job description
Job title: Senior Digital Marketing Specialist
Reports to: Digital Marketing Lead
Salary: £32,000 per year
Department: Engagement, Enterprise and Delivery
Team: Digital Marketing
- To provide frontline support in the delivery of the activities of the Digital Marketing function within Digital Marketing, Creative and Planning.
- To implement the planning, management, delivery and analysis of integrated digital marketing activity to achieve agreed objectives and targets
- To provide outstanding client service, training and support to the organisation.
- Plan, manage, deliver, analyse and report on paid and grants search, paid social, display, mobile, email or other digital marketing activities as required.
- Utilise a planning and analysis approach to enable the continual testing of digital marketing campaigns, ensuring campaigns are optimised, tested and continuously improved and channel effectiveness is evaluated.
- Be the lead Marketing contact for strategic initiatives such as growing our Support to Work service, which includes planning, supplier selection and management.
- Manage our in-house email management platform, instilling best practice, reporting to internal stakeholders on email performance and utilising insight to optimise email communications to supporters.
- Deliver digital marketing performance reports and recommendations to stakeholders, utilising digital marketing analytics and reporting systems, including Google Analytics.
- Provide outstanding client service and account support to internal stakeholders including supporting the planning, development, implementation and reporting of digital marketing activity to achieve objectives, including target revenue, traffic and conversion rates.
- Support the creation and drive the implementation of working practice that ensures all digital marketing outputs are accessible, appropriately branded, high quality, measurable and deliver effectively against agreed objectives and targets.
- Build strategic relationships with internal and external stakeholders (including suppliers and partners) to achieve objectives and targets.
- Deliver digital marketing training programmes and the production of training and best practice guides.
- Create briefs for visual assets and work with our in-house design team to support advertising and marketing activity.
- Develop, manage, plan, deliver, analyse and report on technical and off-site SEO, and supporting the planning and delivery of on-site SEO.
- Performing selected duties usually assigned to other frontline support officers on occasion as required
Mandatory for all staff
- Work seamlessly across department or team boundaries in a collaborative and constructive manner to implement Scope’s strategic direction.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service excellence and deliver against the requirements of Scope’s quality framework.
- Work within Scope’s policies and procedures.
- Staff and volunteers across Scope
- Engagement, Enterprise and Delivery Senior Leadership Team
- All internal teams with digital marketing requirements or responsibilities including: Engagement, Enterprise and Delivery, Retail and Communities, and Strategy, Impact and Social Change.
- Marketing suppliers and contractors
- Corporate partners and other funders
- Visitors to our website, users of our social network profiles and recipients of our email communications
- Customers of our shops and services
- Donors and supporters
Knowledge and experience
- Proven ability to lead strategic marketing initiatives and develop multi-channel marketing plans.
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of setting up, managing and optimising pay-per-click (PPC) advertising campaigns on Google, Bing and Facebook
- Experience of reporting on email performance and utilising insight to optimise email communications to supporters
- Data and insight driven approach to digital marketing
- Experience of managing digital marketing tools and implementing processes to ensure tools are used to their full potential
- Understanding and experience of analytics and reporting systems, including Google Analytics, to interpret and improve performance
- Experience of responding to digital marketing briefs and working alongside stakeholders to meet objectives and targets
- Experience of writing advertising copy within brand and tone of voice guidelines
- Understanding and experience of using testing within digital campaigns to ensure they are optimised and continuously improved
- Experience of recommending and testing changes to the functionality or design of digital marketing channels to achieve objectives and targets
- Experience of writing and presenting reports into digital activity performance
- Demonstratable experience in supporting the delivery of digital marketing training programmes and the production of training and best practice guides
- Passion for digital marketing and desire to learn and gain further experience
- Experience of working with data to agreed standards and best practice
- Experience of working to and maintaining advertising and marketing governance standards
- Passion for consumer and competitor insight and proven track record of using this to build engagement
- Experience of working with advertising and marketing agencies
- Knowledge of advertising and marketing legal compliance, accessibility and usability standards
- Experience of teaching and mentoring others
- Supporting the development, management, planning, delivery, analysis and reporting of technical and off-site search engine optimisation (SEO) and supporting the planning and delivery of on-site SEO.
- Demonstrable understanding of the social model of disability
Skills and competencies
- Provides evidence of effective IT skills particularly Microsoft Office and digital channel management software such as advertising and email management systems, social networks, evaluation and analytics tools
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills to produce briefs, advertising copy, reports or presentations to communicate with stakeholders in a clear, meaningful and effective way
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to be flexible, respond positively to change, and work effectively under pressure and deal with conflicting priorities
- Demonstrates diplomacy, sensitivity and empathy with the issues of disability