Employment adviser job description
Job title: Employment adviser
Reports to: Employment team manager/team leader
Department: Service delivery
Location: Angel, London
Salary: £25,000 per year
To manage a case-load of pre-employment customers, supporting and empowering them to become “job ready” and to prepare them for entering employment,ensuring that all programme KPI’s are met.
- Conduct a thorough initial assessment of all customers joining the Kickstart service to understand fully their support and development needs
- Develop SMART goal based action plans that clearly show how the customers support and development needs will be addressed
- Measure, record and track “distance travelled” for each customer in caseload and ensure that an evidence based approach is adopted to recording the customer journey
- Effectively manage customer caseload to ensure all KPI’s are met and that effective use of time is maintained on a weekly basis.
- Deliver 121 sessions to develop a customer’s knowledge and skills to enable them to achieve their career aspirations and move them towards employment with the appropriate support. To liaise closely with Partner Organisations to encourage referrals onto Starting Line
- To undertake job search activity, securing interviews and job opportunities for customers
- To work collaboratively within the team to provide support where needed in to ensure contract KPI’s are achieved
- Any other duties as required to support the delivery of the Kickstart service.
- To participate and lead on sessions within monthly team meetings based on the Scope team meeting template.
Mandatory for all staff
- Work seamlessly across department or team boundaries in a collaborative and constructive manner to implement Scope’s strategic direction.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service excellence and deliver against the requirements of Scope’s quality framework.
- Work within Scope’s policies and procedures.
- National Delivery Managers
- Employment Team Managers/Team Leaders
- Extended Customer and Strategy team
- Referral Organisations
- Local Specialist Provision Providers
- Voluntary/Third Sector Organisations for work experience opportunities
Knowledge and experience
- Demonstrable experience in the employability field
- Dynamic and results-driven and comfortable delivering to targets
- Demonstrable track record of performance across a range of outcome and quality measures
- Demonstrable track record of delivering 121 sessions therefore assisting customers in their journey to return to work
- Can demonstrate sound evidence of effective negotiation skills. Able to reach win-win agreements with all stakeholders, including advice on reasonable adjustments
- Understanding of the social model of disability
- Professional qualification or proven experience in relevant field
Skills and competencies
- Excellent working knowledge of IT including Word for Windows, Excel and PowerPoint. Must be able to use email and the internet and be proficient in the use of digital applications to support our customer journey
- Excellent communication skills, strong organisational skills and experience in a customer facing role
- Ability to be flexible, respond positively to change, and work effectively under pressure and deal with conflicting priorities
- Ability to respond to issues, problems and challenges that arise within job area and to implement solutions to overcome them
- Motivated and be able to work independently in addition to contributing as a member of the area team and the wider Employment Service Team
Scope Core Values
We are ambitious and determined to drive change. We focus on the impact we have. We innovate and strive for better, pushing ourselves and our boundaries.
We are single-minded in our desire to achieve equality. We are bold, challenging the status quo, ourselves and each other. Not afraid to fail fast and learn quickly.
We connect and collaborate internally and externally, to create a fairer society. We’ll listen and share, tapping into the expertise of others.
We are transparent about what we do and how we do things. Creating supportive, accessible environments – building trust with each other and our customers to achieve more.
We make sure everyone has a fair chance. We value and respect each other’s expertise and diversity. We take responsibility for what we do and support each other to succeed.