Employment adviser job description
Job title: Employment adviser
Reports to: Employment team manager
Department: Service delivery
Team: Support to Work
Location: Here East, Stratford and Angel London
Salary: £25,000 per year
An integral role within our national Support to Work service. This role will be required to service a caseload of customers within the service providing digital support to customers who are looking for work or work related advice.
- Conduct a thorough online/digital initial assessment of all customers joining the Support to Work Service to understand fully their support needs.
- Develop SMART goal based action plans that clearly show how the customers support needs will be addressed.
- Measure, record and track “distance travelled” for each customer in caseload and ensure that an evidence based approach is adopted to recording the customer journey
- Effectively manage customer caseload to ensure all KPI’s are met and evidenced in line with standards required and that effective use of time is maintained and evidenced on a weekly basis.
- Deliver on line 121/group based learning and development sessions as required to develop a customer’s knowledge and skills to enable them to achieve their career aspirations and move them towards employment.
- Work collaboratively within the team to provide support where needed in line key performance indicators to ensure service targets are achieved.
- Any other duties as required to support the delivery of of the Support to Work service.
- Participate and and lead on sessions within monthly team meetings based on the Scope team meeting template.
Mandatory for all staff
- Work seamlessly across department or team boundaries in a collaborative and constructive manner to implement Scope’s strategic direction.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service excellence and deliver against the requirements of Scope’s quality framework.
- Work within Scope’s policies and procedures.
- National Delivery Managers
- Team Managers
- Extended Customer and Strategy team
- Human Resources/Finance/IT and other support teams as required
- Corporate Funder
- Customers and third party contacts
- Organisations (Private, Public and Third Sector who can support and enhance the delivery of the National Employment Service)
Knowledge and experience
- Demonstrable experience in the employability field, preferably with digital knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills, strong organisational skills and experience in a customer facing role.
- Ability to be flexible, respond positively to change, and work effectively under pressure and deal with conflicting priorities.
- Ability to cover extended opening hours of the service on a rota basis (Monday to Friday 9am to 8pm and Saturday 9am to 12pm)
- Demonstrable understanding of the social model of disability.
- Professional qualification i.e. IAG Level 3 or equivalent or proven experience in relevant field.
- Ability to evidence distance travelled and customer success using different software applications including CRM systems.
- Excellent working knowledge of IT including Word for Windows, Excel and PowerPoint. Must be able to use email and the internet and be proficient in the use of digital appilcations to support our customer journey.
- Supporting Scope: Talks to team and others about how we can contribute to Scope’s strategic direction.
- Taking responsibility: Demonstrates the ability to take responsibility, shows concern for the customer and to do what they say they will do.
- Solving problems: Support team to develop new ideas and change things for the better within my unit.
- Valuing customers: Engage with customers on their terms, using different approaches to suit the situation.
- Working as part of a team: Manages differences constructively, dealing effectively with conflict and valuing diversity.