Employment adviser - Manchester job description
To manage a case-load of customers, supporting and empowering them, ensuring that all programme KPI’s are met.
Main responsibilities and accountabilities
- Conduct a thorough initial assessment of all customers joining the programme to understand fully their support/development needs
- Develop SMART goal based action plans that clearly show how the customers support and development needs will be addressed
- Measure, record and track “distance travelled” for each customer in caseload and ensure that an evidence based approach is adopted to recording the customer journey
- Deliver 121/group based learning and development sessions as detailed in the delivery timetable, to develop a customer’s knowledge and skills to enable them to achieve their aspirations.
- To liaise closely with organisations to encourage referrals onto the service
- To work collaboratively within the team to provide support where needed in to ensure contract KPI’s are achieved
- Any other duties as required to support the delivery of the service.
- Head of Delivery Teams
- Team Managers
- Extended Engagement, Enterprise and Delivery team
- Referral Organisations
- Local Specialist Provision Providers
- Voluntary/Third Sector organisations.
Knowledge and experience
- Demonstrable experience in the relevant field
- Dynamic and results-driven and comfortable delivering to targets
- Demonstrable track record of performance across a range of outcome and quality measures
- Demonstrable track record of delivering one to one or group sessions therefore assisting customers in their journey.
- Understanding of the social model of disability
- Professional qualification or proven experience in relevant field
Skills and competencies
- Excellent working knowledge of IT including Word for Windows, Excel and PowerPoint. Must be able to use email and the internet and be proficient in the use of digital applications to support our customer journey
- Excellent communication skills, strong organisational skills and experience in a customer facing role
- Ability to be flexible, respond positively to change, and work effectively under pressure and deal with conflicting priorities
- Ability to respond to issues, problems and challenges that arise within job area and to implement solutions to overcome them
- Motivated and be able to work independently in addition to contributing as a member of the area team and the wider Service Team.