Employment advisor job description
Job title: Employment advisor
Reports to: Employment team manager
Department: Service delivery
Team: Support to Work
Location: Here East, Stratford - Scope head office
Salary: £25,000 per year
Budget/Resource responsibility: None
An integral role within our National Support to Work Service. This role will be required to service a caseload of customers within the service providing digital support to customers who are looking for work or work related advice.
Main responsibilities and accountabilities
- Conduct a thorough online/digital initial assessment of all customers joining the Support to Work Service to understand fully their support needs.
- Develop SMART goal based action plans that clearly show how the customers support needs will be addressed.
- Measure, record and track “distance travelled” for each customer in caseload and ensure that an evidence based approach is adopted to recording the customer journey
- Effectively manage customer caseload to ensure all KPI’s are met and evidenced in line with standards required and that effective use of time is maintained and evidenced on a weekly basis.
- Deliver on line 121/group based learning and development sessions as required to develop a customer’s knowledge and skills to enable them to achieve their career aspirations and move them towards employment.
- Work collaboratively within the team to provide support where needed in line key performance indicators to ensure service targets are achieved.
- Any other duties as required to support the delivery of of the Support to Work service.
Grade specific competencies
- To participate and and lead on sessions within monthly team meetings based on the Scope team meeting template.
Mandatory for all staff
- Work seamlessly across department or team boundaries in a collaborative and constructive manner to implement Scope’s strategic direction.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service excellence and deliver against the requirements of Scope’s quality framework.
- Work within Scope’s policies and procedures.
- National Delivery Managers
- Team Managers
- Extended Customer and Strategy team
- Human Resources/Finance/IT and other support teams as required
- Corporate Funder
- Customers and third party contacts
- Organisations (Private, Public and Third Sector who can support and enhance the delivery of the National Employment Service)