Employment advisor job description
Job title: Employment advisor
Reports to: Employment team manager/team leader
Department: Service delivery
Location: Angel, London
Salary: £25,000 per year
Budget/Resource responsibility: NonePerson specification
To manage a case-load of pre-employment customers, supporting and empowering them to become “job ready” and to prepare them for entering employment,ensuring that all programme KPI’s are met.
Main responsibilities and accountabilities
- Conduct a thorough initial assessment of all customers joining the Kickstart service to understand fully their support and development needs
- Develop SMART goal based action plans that clearly show how the customers support and development needs will be addressed
- Measure, record and track “distance travelled” for each customer in caseload and ensure that an evidence based approach is adopted to recording the customer journey
- Effectively manage customer caseload to ensure all KPI’s are met and that effective use of time is maintained on a weekly basis.
- Deliver 121 sessions to develop a customer’s knowledge and skills to enable them to achieve their career aspirations and move them towards employment with the appropriate support. To liaise closely with Partner Organisations to encourage referrals onto Starting Line
- To undertake job search activity, securing interviews and job opportunities for customers
- To work collaboratively within the team to provide support where needed in to ensure contract KPI’s are achieved
- Any other duties as required to support the delivery of the Kickstart service.
Grade specific competencies
- To participate and and lead on sessions within monthly team meetings based on the Scope team meeting template.
Mandatory for all staff
- Work seamlessly across department or team boundaries in a collaborative and constructive manner to implement Scope’s strategic direction.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service excellence and deliver against the requirements of Scope’s quality framework.
- Work within Scope’s policies and procedures.
- National Delivery Managers
- Employment Team Managers/Team Leaders
- Extended Customer and Strategy team
- Referral Organisations
- Local Specialist Provision Providers
- Voluntary/Third Sector Organisations for work experience opportunities