Employment advisor person specification
Job title: Employment advisor
Reports to: Employment team manager/Team leader
Department: Service delivery
Location: Angel, London
Salary: £25,000 per year
Budget/Resource responsibility: None
Full job description
Knowledge and experience
- Demonstrable experience in the employability field
- Dynamic and results-driven and comfortable delivering to targets
- Demonstrable track record of performance across a range of outcome and quality measures
- Demonstrable track record of delivering 121 sessions therefore assisting customers in their journey to return to work
- Can demonstrate sound evidence of effective negotiation skills. Able to reach win-win agreements with all stakeholders, including advice on reasonable adjustments
- Understanding of the social model of disability
- Professional qualification or proven experience in relevant field
Skills and competencies
- Excellent working knowledge of IT including Word for Windows, Excel and PowerPoint. Must be able to use email and the internet and be proficient in the use of digital applications to support our customer journey
- Excellent communication skills, strong organisational skills and experience in a customer facing role
- Ability to be flexible, respond positively to change, and work effectively under pressure and deal with conflicting priorities
- Ability to respond to issues, problems and challenges that arise within job area and to implement solutions to overcome them
- Motivated and be able to work independently in addition to contributing as a member of the area team and the wider Employment Service Team
Scope Core Values
We are ambitious and determined to drive change. We focus on the impact we have. We innovate and strive for better, pushing ourselves and our boundaries.
We are single-minded in our desire to achieve equality. We are bold, challenging the status quo, ourselves and each other. Not afraid to fail fast and learn quickly.
We connect and collaborate internally and externally, to create a fairer society. We’ll listen and share, tapping into the expertise of others.
We are transparent about what we do and how we do things. Creating supportive, accessible environments – building trust with each other and our customers to achieve more.
We make sure everyone has a fair chance. We value and respect each other’s expertise and diversity. We take responsibility for what we do and support each other to succeed.