Employment advisor person specification
Job title: Employment advisor
Reports to: Employment team manager
Department: Service delivery
Team: Support to Work
Location: Here East, Stratford - Scope head office
Salary: £25,000 per year
Budget/Resource responsibility: None
Knowledge and experience
- Demonstrable experience in the employability field, preferably with digital knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills, strong organisational skills and experience in a customer facing role.
- Ability to be flexible, respond positively to change, and work effectively under pressure and deal with conflicting priorities.
- Ability to cover extended opening hours of the service on a rota basis (Monday to Friday 9am to 8pm and Saturday 9am to 12pm)
- Demonstrable understanding of the social model of disability.
- Professional qualification i.e. IAG Level 3 or equivalent or proven experience in relevant field.
- Ability to evidence distance travelled and customer success using different software applications including CRM systems.
Skills and competencies
- Excellent working knowledge of IT including Word for Windows, Excel and PowerPoint. Must be able to use email and the internet and be proficient in the use of digital appilcations to support our customer journey.
- Supporting Scope: Talks to team and others about how we can contribute to Scope’s strategic direction.
- Taking responsibility: Demonstrates the ability to take responsibility, shows concern for the customer and to do what they say they will do.
- Solving problems: Support team to develop new ideas and change things for the better within my unit.
- Valuing customers: Engage with customers on their terms, using different approaches to suit the situation.
- Working as part of a team: Manages differences constructively, dealing effectively with conflict and valuing diversity.