Employment Team Leader job description
Job title: Employment Team Leader
Reports to: Programme Lead
Department: Service delivery
Location: Manchester or Leeds
Salary: £28,000 per year
To support the Programme Lead for the Support to Work service by taking responsibility for the line management of a small team of advisers and a customer co-ordinator. You will provide effective supervision, coaching and guidance to these staff. You will further support by ensuring the service KPI’s are met and reports are completed as required for internal/external use, whilst being a partial caseload holder yourself.
- Work collaboratively within the team to provide support where needed in line with key performance indicators to ensure service targets are achieved
- Line manage staff to ensure that monthly team KPI’s are achieved.
- Lead on a designated service consulting at all times with the Programme Lead on any issues that may arise
- Lead on compiling a database of local relationships with other network organisations to support the achievement of all targets
- Work collaboratively within the team to provide support where needed in line with annual key performance indicators to ensure programme outcome targets are achieved
- Promote a culture of high standards, expectations and continuous improvement that values and empowers staff
- Any other duties as required to support the delivery of the services.
- Supervise and encourage team members to maximise their potential through continuous learning whilst challenging and dealing with under performance.
- Support the Programme Lead to recruit, manage and develop staff within Scope’s HR and operational policies and procedures
- Utilise volunteers appropriately within the department
- Lead effective and engaging monthly team meetings based on the Scope team meeting template, reporting back on key issues and questions raised
Mandatory for all staff
- Work seamlessly across department or team boundaries in a collaborative and constructive manner to implement Scope’s strategic direction.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service excellence and deliver against the requirements of Scope’s quality framework.
- Work within Scope’s policies and procedures.
- Heads of Department
- Programme Leads
- Extended Scope Team
- Human Resources/Finance/IT and other support teams as required
- Customers and third party contacts
- Organisations (Private, Public and Third Sector who can support and enhance the delivery of the National Employment Service)
- Corporate funder
Knowledge and experience
- Demonstrable experience in the employability field
- Demonstrates a proven track record in management capabilities
- Takes a management perspective with an open outlook and willingness to work across boundaries
- Demonstrates a facilitative style to build and maintain effective internal and external relationships
- Excellent communication skills, strong organisational skills and experience in a customer facing role
- Ability to be flexible, respond positively to change, and work effectively under pressure and deal with conflicting priorities
- Demonstrable understanding of the social model of disability
- Professional qualification such as IAG Level 3 or equivalent or proven experience in relevant field
- Ability to evidence distance travelled and customer success using different software applications including CRM systems
- Excellent working knowledge of IT including Word for Windows, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to use email and the internet and be proficient in the use of digital applications to support our customer journey.
Scope Core Values
We are ambitious and determined to drive change. We focus on the impact we have. We innovate and strive for better, pushing ourselves and our boundaries.
We are single-minded in our desire to achieve equality. We are bold, challenging the status quo, ourselves and each other. Not afraid to fail fast and learn quickly.
We connect and collaborate internally and externally, to create a fairer society. We’ll listen and share, tapping into the expertise of others.
We are transparent about what we do and how we do things. Creating supportive, accessible environments – building trust with each other and our customers to achieve more.
We make sure everyone has a fair chance. We value and respect each other’s expertise and diversity. We take responsibility for what we do and support each other to succeed.