Team Leader - Disability Energy Helpline job description
Job title: Team Leader
Reports to: Helpline Programme Lead
Salary: £28,000 per year
Location: Leeds office
Direct Reports: 4 Energy Advisers and 1 Customer coordinator
Overall purpose of Role
To support the successful delivery of our new disability energy helpline.
You will be responsible for managing a team of Advisers, ensuring individuals are performing against targets, whilst regularly reviewing their performance and coaching them to do so.
To ensure that the helpline gives 100% accurate advice and information, to organise, and deliver when required, training and implementing quality control.
- To be a senior agent staff member when necessary, who has direct responsibility for the day to day management of the team members in your charge.
- To be responsible for rota adherence, working directly with your staff members and liaising with the team on any rota changes or sickness.
- To be responsible for ensuring that your team members receive regular training and coaching and will build this into your teams’ activity and that it is part of the resource planning process.
- To deliver regular coaching and 121’s to your team members and to be responsible for regular quality monitoring which will become part of ongoing coaching and training.
- To put together reports on how the helpline is performing and use these to direct the service, manage your team and to identify trends and patterns in order to keep continuous improvement.
- To work closely with subject experts and our content team to create scripts, resources and other materials for the service.
- To take calls and be the first line of escalation for any challenging calls that cannot be resolved by your team member.
- To meet on a regular basis with your Manager, both to provide feedback and to receive instructions or actions.
- Any other duties as required to support your service and Scope.
- Setting targets for both individuals and teams
- Measuring the performance of both individuals and teams
- Offering Advisers guidance and feedback
- Helping to optimise procedures
- Finding ways to motivate Advisers
- Ensuring Advisers adhere to company policy, e.g. attendance
- Updating, and preparing performance reports
Mandatory for all staff
- To work seamlessly across department or team boundaries in a collaborative and constructive manner to implement Scope’s strategic direction
- To demonstrate a commitment to customer service excellence and deliver against the requirements of Scope’s quality framework.
- To work within Scope’s policies and procedures.
- Heads of Delivery
- Local Delivery Managers
- Programme Leads
- Cross department including, Digital, Research and Marketing colleagues
- Safeguarding Team
- Customers and third party contacts
- Organisations - Private, Public and Third Sector who can support and enhance the delivery of the National Service.
- Local authority safeguarding teams
- Maintain links with other organisations in relation to safeguarding and wellbeing of customers and staff.
Knowledge and experience
- Demonstrable experience in energy advice and support or working with the target vulnerable cohort.
- Demonstrates a proven track record in management capabilities with at least two years in a team management role.
- Takes a management perspective with an open outlook and willingness to work across boundaries.
- Demonstrates a facilitative style to build and maintain effective internal and external relationships.
- Excellent communication skills, strong organisational skills and experience in a customer facing role.
- Ability to be flexible, respond positively to change, and work effectively under pressure and deal with conflicting priorities.
- Demonstrable understanding of the social model of disability.
- Professional qualification or equivalent or proven experience in relevant field.
- Ability to evidence distance travelled and customer success using different software applications including CRM systems.
Skills and competencies
- Excellent working knowledge of IT including Word for Windows, Excel and PowerPoint. Must be able to use email and the internet and be proficient in the use of digital applications to support our customer journey
- Ability to multi-task, provide leadership and make decisions in a pressured environment.
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks and large workload.
- Strong skills in absorbing information and disseminating to your team members.
- Ability to help your team prioritise their workload.
- Coaching and mentoring.