Executive assistant to executive director of MFC person specification
Job title: Executive Assistant to Executive Director of Marketing, Fundraising and Communications
Reports to: Executive Director of Marketing, Fundraising and Communications
Department: Marketing, Fundraising and Communications
Team: Excecutive Director's office
Location: Here East, Stratford - Scope head office
Salary: £30,000 to £32,000 per year
Budget/Resource responsibility: None – but oversight of departmental expenditure and financial management.
Knowledge and experience
- Can demonstrate a facilitative working style able to broker internal and external relationships to ensure effective business solutions and resolve conflict where necessary.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to be able to communicate with stakeholders in a clear, meaningful and effective way, using tact and discretion at all levels.
- Ability to be flexible, respond positively to change, and work effectively under pressure and deal with conflicting priorities.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills.
- Evidence of excellent IT skills particularly Microsoft Office / 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint).
- Demonstrable understanding of the social model of disability and clarity about the contribution of the Marketing, Fundraising and Communications department to achieving social change.
Skills and competencies
- Ability to organise, prioritise and delegate workload in a busy office environment, often under pressure.
- Proactive attitude and the ability to demonstrate a positive and flexible approach to work
- Able to adapt to changing priorities as necessary and willingness to go the extra mile to get a job done
- A very high level of attention to detail
- Sets a high standard of performance and visibly delivers to this standard
- Strong interpersonal skills including diplomacy, tact and influencing
- A high standard of verbal and written English to be able to draft correspondence on behalf of the Director and to be able to communicate effectively with all stakeholders of the Director
- Patient and logical approach to solving problems, able to analyse information
- Experience of minute taking and servicing meetings
- Experience of providing excellent levels of customer care
- Experience of working with confidential information and documents
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Strong record of PA/EA experience at Director level
- Supporting Scope: Talks to team and others about how we can contribute to Scope’s strategic direction.
- Taking responsibility: Demonstrates the ability to take responsibility, shows concern for the customer and to do what they say they will do.
- Solving problems: Support team to develop new ideas and change things for the better within my unit.
- Valuing customers: Engage with customers on their terms, using different approaches to suit the situation.
- Working as part of a team: Working as part of a team: Manages differences constructively, dealing effectively with conflict and valuing diversity.