Helpline advisor job description
Job title: Helpline advisor
Reports to: Team leader
Department: Customer strategy and experience
Salary: £22,000 to £24,000 per year
Direct reports: None
Budget/Resource responsibility: None
- Provide exemplar information and support to disabled people, their families, and professionals who work with them, covering all issues around disability.
- Manage the donations and manage the issues of donors when setting up regular or one-off donations, cancelling of donations or complaints regarding donations.
- Provide excellent customer service with a friendly and empathetic manner to all of Scope’s internal and external customers.
Main responsibilities and accountabilities
- Provide consistent high-quality responses to enquiries received at Scope’s Helpline via telephone, email, live chat, our online community and social networking channels, within set turnaround times.
- Ensure that customers feel valued and are provided with information that is tailored to meet individual need, is accurate, up to date and accessible to them.
- Become an expert in Scope’s services, so you can make the best recommendation to help customers.
- Provide excellent customer service with a friendly and empathetic manner.
- Continually update your knowledge around disability issues and to share learning across the team, in order to offer an expert service to Scope’s customers.
- Provide excellent customer service when managing donations and dealing with donor enquiries.
- Identify the correct person/department and efficiently transfer calls internally when customers ring with general enquiries.
- Ensure that details of all enquiries are logged accurately on the customer database in a timely manner and that quality data and information is maintained.
- Work within Scope’s policies relating to customer confidentiality and data protection.
- Follow Scope’s policy and process around safeguarding and to make decisions regarding relevant customers as appropriate.
- Promote Scope and its values around equality, inclusion and the social model of disability and to present a positive image of the organisation in all aspects of work.
- Contribute to team meetings and discussions and to proactively contribute to the continued improvement of the service.
Mandatory for all staff
- Work seamlessly across department or team boundaries in a collaborative and constructive manner to implement Scope’s strategic direction.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service excellence and deliver against the requirements of Scope’s quality framework.
- Work within Scope’s policies and procedures.
- CSE senior team
- Helpline manager
- National delivery managers
- Local delivery managers
- Extended customer and strategy team
- Human resources, finance, IT, and other support teams as required
- Corporate and fundraising teams
- Customers and third-party contacts
- Organisations - private, public and third sector who can support and enhance the delivery of the National Service