HR systems and payroll manager job description
Job title: HR systems and payroll manager
Reports to: Head of HR
Department: People and change
Team: HR operations Location: Here East - flexibility to travel essential
Salary: £42,000 - £45,000
Direct reports: 1 FTE - System SME and reporting analyst
To continue development and maintenance of the system across Scope, delivering a system that is fit for purpose, ensuring managers and staff understand and utilise it effectively. To support day to day operations and processes, and deliver appropriate management information and key performance data to Scope.
Main responsibilities and accountabilities
- Provide proactive management support and leadership in driving change, ensuring the HR and Payroll System (iTrent), and the processes and procedures surrounding the system are fit for purpose and contribute to the successful operation of the HR and payroll service across Scope.
- To lead the development of the system in line with Scope strategy the relevant published user manuals and plan to ensure optimum application performance.
- Plan, manage, test and implement system changes to the System . Plan and manage and implement all software upgrades, software fixes and where appropriate new functionality coordinating with the accessibility team to ensure we continue to deliver blind and partially sighted as well as sighted customers, both internal and external.
- Centrally responsible for the provision of Management Information (MI) from the HR and Payroll system (iTrent) using standard reporting, Business Objects and advanced Excel delivery appropriate timely information to HR and managers to enable them to carry out their roles.
- Stay abreast of legal and best practice developments and recommend and implement improvements or developments to the HR system or wider HR/Payroll processes to ensure the system is always fit for purpose.
- Monitor, review and manage procedures to ensure the integration of systems and the flow of meaningful data between them operate in accordance with Scope standards, ensuring non-duplication of data or input.
- Manage relationships with key customers and suppliers both internally and externally, particularly MHR, advising on HR systems and representing HR in project teams. Act as an interface between HR and IT, translating technical concepts to non-technical colleagues as required.
- Ensure the integrity and security of the system and data, complying with GDPR requirements, carrying out regular audits and checks, to confirm the control of system access throughout the organisation.
- Provide effective management and support for the overall HR Systems Administration.
- Carry out all other tasks as required within the role as required by the Head of HR and to work within Scope’s policies and procedures.
- Substantial experience of iTrent HR and Payroll systems management.
- A detailed knowledge of the iTrent payroll configuration including, element set up to support payroll/organisation changes going forward
- An understanding of retrospection and ability to maintain payroll tables and rate codes to ensure that the correct values are returned in each calculation
- Experience of supporting HR to implement legislative changes and new terms and conditions either directly or indirectly is critical.
- Ability to define organisational information requirements and ideally to deliver them using the in-house reporting tools, e.g. Business Objects
- Working knowledge of relevant industry standards and regulatory frameworks, specifically with regard to data provision for statutory reasons, and GDPR and Freedom of Information Acts.
- Good working knowledge of project management principles and the ability to apply these in practice.
- To be credible at all levels as well as an excellent communicator, written and verbally.
- A clear commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to influence across all levels of the organisation and demonstrable evidence of getting people to think differently.
- Evidenced track record of developing strong collaborative relationships with colleagues.
- A self-starter with a professional, proactive ‘can do’ attitude.
- A flexible approach to work.
- Experience of designing and implementing organisational structures is highly desirable.
- Understanding of Recruitment processes and ideally the Web Recruitment module, including application form design and web view creation.
- You are disabled or have lived experience of disability.
Use of budget to develop and improve iTrent (Head of HR holds the budget).