- Stratford, London
- £21,000 - £23,000 per year pro rata
- 21 hours per week (3 days per week
- Part time, permanent
Working at Scope
- Be a disability gamechanger
- 27 days holiday per year
- Flexible working
- Discounts at gyms, restaurants and more
Overall purpose of the Role:
The Campaigns and Mobilisation supports and engages disabled people and other members of the public to create change to improve disability equality in the UK. Through our campaigns we influence policy-makers, business leaders, politicians and the public. The Campaigns Assistant will play a crucial role in supporting the team to make this change as big and impactful as possible.
To be a Disability Gamechanger
To liaise with disabled campaigners (and others) online and offline. To maintain processes which give us insight to improve our campaigns. To support the delivery of our Scope for Change programme with young disabled campaigners. To help to develop creative new ways to build support for our campaigns.
Main responsibilities and accountabilities
- Manage correspondence with campaigners in our campaigns inbox, responding to queries from disabled people and the general public about getting involved in our campaigns, and building those relationships.
- Support in the delivery of our online campaigns supporter journey, through managing our digital campaigning platform (Engaging Networks) and the flow of data with our charity database (Raiser’s Edge).
- Assist with the development of our campaigns, through monitoring and evaluating our campaigns activity, and monitoring and researching public engagement tactics and trends.
- Support the delivery of our Scope for Change young campaigners programme, from residential through to graduation.
- Assist with developing online and offline campaign materials and content.
- Be a positive and organised member of the campaigns team, liaising with other teams internally to support campaigns delivery.
- Provide administrative support as a supportive member of the Campaigns and Mobilisation team.
Grade specific competencies
- Demonstrable experience building positive working relationships
- Experience of gathering information and using insight to improve plans or processes
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Attention to detail, and an ability to follow specific administrative processes
- Ability to work with different teams
- Ability to be flexible, respond positively to change, and work effectively under pressure
- Experience in a campaigns or customer service role
- Experience working with or communicating with disabled people
- Have some experience working with databases and sensitive information
Mandatory for all staff
- To work seamlessly across department or team boundaries in a collaborative and constructive manner to implement Scope’s strategic direction
- To demonstrate a commitment to customer service excellence and deliver against the requirements of Scope’s quality framework.
- To work within Scope’s policies and procedures.
- Policy and Political Strategy teams
- Communications and social media team
- Research and Impact teams
- Database teams
- Marketing and digital marketing teams
- Fundraising teams
- Services teams
- Scope supporters
- Disabled People’s organisations
- Other charities
- Passionate about campaigning, social change and disability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Methodical and a strong attention to detail
- Experience of providing customer support
- Strong organisational skills and an ability to manage time and workload
- Proactive and process driven
- Experience of using and updating databases and records
- Interested in disability equality and familiar with the key issues for disabled people
- Understanding of General Data Protection Regulations and consent
Knowledge and experience
- Experience of communicating with customers or supporters and managing relationships
- Understanding of campaigning and public engagement tactics
- Experience of developing and participating in campaigns
- Demonstrable understanding of the social model of disability
- Understanding of how people, in particular disabled people, can contribute to political and social change
- An interest and understanding of digital communication tools and best practice, including social media, online forums, email campaigns and writing for the web
Skills and competencies
- Demonstrable experience using MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook
- Ability to summarise information, and write for internal and external audiences
- Experience of involving customers, service users and/or beneficiaries in the development, delivery and evaluation of projects.
- Experience using databases like Raisers Edge
- Experience using campaigns software, like Engaging Networks or Blue State Digital
- Experience with email software like Mail Chimp or Dotmailer