Contact Centre Manager
Leeds - Closes on 20/09/2021
- £42,000 per year
- 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
- Full time, 6 Months Fixed Term Contract
Working at Scope
- Be a disability gamechanger
- 27 days holiday per year
- Flexible working
- Discounts at gyms, restaurants and more
To manage and develop Scope’s national contact centre. The contact centre is the main point of contact for the organisation and delivers Scope’s:
- Helpline for disabled people and their families
- supporter care function
- Disability Energy Support service
Ensure a quality, customer focused information and support service is provided to disabled people, families, supporters and members of the public by:
- Leading and developing an effective, motivated team
- Ensuring the wellbeing and safety of the team and service customers by providing appropriate support, training and following Scope’s safeguarding processes
- Establishing and continually improving systems and processes that enable efficiency, quality customer service and effective reporting
- Making the most of developments in technology so that the helpline service is fit for future purpose
This role is not a budget holder at this point however the role will have responsibility to authorise advisor expenses in-line with Scope policy. There will be accountability of reporting of spend required.
Direct management of up to four team leaders and one benefits specialist, supporting the wider team of approximately 20 advisers.
- Manage, develop and lead a Customer Service team focused on delivering best in class customer service focused on first time resolution and customer retention.
- Be responsible and accountable for the successful delivery of the agreed targets, budgets and goals.
- Create a customer service function that continually aspires to achieve excellence in all areas
- Provide motivational and inspirational leadership to diverse teams with varied skills and abilities, responsible for all aspects of customer service
- Drive performance to exceed agreed customer services levels and continually push the barriers to deliver improvements in customer service and reduction in operating expenses
- Provide a facilitative and inclusive management style establishing and maintaining productive, collaborative relations with internal and external stakeholders
- Promote a culture of high standards, expectations and continuous improvement that values and empowers staff
- Coach and mentor team members to maximise their potential through continuous learning, whilst challenging and dealing with under performance.
- Recruit, manage and develop staff within Scope’s HR and operational policies and procedures
- Lead effective and engaging monthly team meetings, reporting back on key issues and questions raised
- Work within Scope’s policies and procedures at all times
- Support the team to produce any required content and for online support and processes and procedures for use within the service and to ensure these are continually reviewed and updated as required
- Ensure that the service is covered at all times within its opening hours by facilitating rotas to support
- Undertake ongoing observations/call monitoring and quality testing and 1:1 supervision meetings in line with Scope’s Policies and Procedures
- Lead on the service and provide evidence via regular internal updates and reports by agreed deadlines to all parties concerned.
- Any other duties as required to support the service, area or Scope to succeed.
Proven experience of managing a contact centre and first line managers. Able to develop and nurture improved performance across service and multiple channels. Excellent communication, engagement and development of people skills.
Qualifications and experience
- Experience of leading and motivating people in a customer service/operational environment
- Thorough understanding of end-to-end customer service processes.
- Demonstrable success in improving customer service levels.
- Thorough understanding of best practice in contact centre operation covering people, process and technology.
- Successful track record of leading, motivating and developing large teams of people.
- Experienced in developing and working within a robust managing operating system and a quality management environment.
- Experienced in developing and negotiating for operating budgets, capex and project expenditure.
- Proven communication, influencing, negotiation, interpersonal and report writing skills
- Experience in leading and managing change
- Strong leadership, coaching and people development focus.
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to communicate and contribute effectively with a large team, with peers, managers and in virtual teams.
- Strong measurement focus and ability to assimilate rapidly performance trends and take corrective action.
- Complete and thorough understanding of end-to-end customer service processes
- Able to deliver to a very high standard in an environment of rapid change and ambiguity.
- Strong influencing skills and able to influence outside area of direct control.
- Able to prioritize workload to meet challenging deadlines and ability to multi-task.