Create and iterate content that helps disabled people and their families solve problems.
- Work with user researchers to understand the needs of our customers and plan content.
- Produce content that is accessible and in the Scope tone of voice.
- Collaborate with subject experts and policy advisers. Your content must be accurate and support Scope’s policy position.
- Research the language your readers use. Make sure your content is searchable, and people understand it.
- Run critical reviews of all the content you produce. Iterate in response to feedback.
- Use data to identify where and how you can improve published content.
- Take part in daily team stand-ups.
- Contribute to regular team retrospectives, reflecting on working practice and suggesting improvements.
- Support people in other teams across Scope to write content. This includes running training workshops as well as informal support.
- Advocate for content design and inclusive content. This can include writing for the team blog and speaking at external events.
- To encourage team members to maximise their potential through continuous learning whilst challenging and dealing with under performance.
- To utilise volunteers appropriately within the department
- To work seamlessly across department or team boundaries in a collaborative and constructive manner to implement Scope’s strategic direction
- To demonstrate a commitment to customer service excellence and deliver against the requirements of Scope’s quality framework.
- To work within Scope’s policies and procedures.
- User researchers
- Senior content designer
- Senior editor
- Subject experts within Scope
- Content producers in other Scope teams
- Policy advisers
- Programme lead
- Customers of Scope services
- Scope website users
- External suppliers
- External subject experts
- Degree or equivalent qualification or experience
Knowledge and experience
- Experience of user-centred content design
- Experience of using data to improve the usability and usefulness of content
- Experience of writing accessible content in plain English
- Experience of working to a style guide and brand tone of voice
- Understands content workflow
- Experience of content design practices like paired writing and content critiques
- Understands the social model of disability
- Experience of using Agile processes like Kanban to manage content production
- Understands on-page SEO (search engine optimisation) and how people search for information online
- Excellent writing skills, including plain English
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative
- Communicates well with different audiences
- Creative mindset, finding the best solution by testing and learning
- IT literate
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Collaborates and develops rapport with a wide range of people
- Facilitation of group discussions and work critiques
Opens in a new windowOpens an external siteOpens an external site in a new window