Course facilitator parents connect
Leeds - Closes on 18/12/2019Apply
- £24,327 (pro rota)
- 17.5 hours per week
- Part time, permanent
Working at Scope
- Be a disability gamechanger
- Generous pension
- Discounts at theatres, restaurants, gyms and more
About the role
A new and exciting service in Leeds. Parents Connect aims to provide a useful, natural and flexible way for parents or carers of disabled children at or around the point of diagnosis to meet other parents in a similar situation, obtain useful information, develop friendships and support networks that endure as their child grows up.
Parents Connect aims to reduce the social isolation many parents of disabled children tell us they feel, improving their ability to manage and navigate periods of high stress and thereby improving the experiences of disabled children.
Full job description
- We are looking to recruit someone who is a parent or a carer of a disabled child or someone who has extensive experience working closely with families of disabled children
- Can demonstrate lived experience of disability for a minimum of 2 years
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to show empathy
- Responds positively to change
- Confidence in dealing with conflicting priorities
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office
- Confident user of digital technology who can demonstrate a positive approach to the adoption of innovative products and tools
- Ability to work flexibly over six days depending on identified local need (see below)
- Willing to travel across Leeds to deliver sessions [car driver preferred]
- Bring drive and enthusiasm to the role and can demonstrate a passion for improving disabled people’s lives.
Depending on the local demand, Parents Connect may need to deliver sessions outside of standard working hours (Monday- Friday 9am-5pm) For example, throughout the week we could deliver:
• One daytime session (10am-12pm)
• One evening session (6pm-8pm)
• One Saturday session (10am-12pm)
Please note this is subject to availability of the parents we are working with. A degree of flexibility is required to ensure delivery and success of the programme.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter.
Equality and inclusion are at the heart of Scope’s mission and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace with equality of opportunity for everyone.
We welcome applications from disabled people and guarantee interviews to disabled applicants who meet the minimum job criteria. Please let us know in your application if you would like to be considered for this.