Digital Public Relations Officer
London - Closes on 16/12/2019Apply
- Stratford, London
- £25,000 per year
- 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
- Full time, permanent
Working at Scope
- Be a disability gamechanger
- 28 days holiday
- Generous pension
- Discounts at theatres, gyms and more
Are you committed to social change, do you want to make this country a better place for disabled people?
About the role
At the disability equality charity Scope, our media and social media team play a key role in delivering engaging content, stories and information across to our audience and the public. We’re looking for someone to plan, deliver and analyse Scope’s organic social media channels. You’ll ensure that Scope’s reputation, tone of voice and quality of content is effectively and consistently delivered.
This role encourages others across the organisation to take responsibility for the creation of high-quality content. You’ll have first-hand knowledge of social media scheduling tool and provide client service, training and support to the organisation. You’ll have experience of leveraging social media trends, press opportunities and hot button issues to engage social media audiences.
The role will provide a high level of customer service for our social media audience and respond astutely to questions and issues. You will also work to create messaging – with the wider media and public relations team - and ensure those messages are used within our communications.
Full job description
- We’re looking for someone who:
- Writes engaging copy for social media channels
- Has a clear and demonstrable vision of how to create, brief and curate social media content
- Grasps the implications of content and messaging on social media channels – specifically Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Is familiar with social media scheduling tools
- Determined to change the way the media and social media engages with and portrays disabled people
Please apply with a covering letter and your suitability to the role.
Equality and inclusion are at the heart of Scope’s mission and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace with equality of opportunity for everyone.
We welcome applications from disabled people and guarantee interviews to disabled applicants who meet the minimum job criteria. Please let us know in your application if you would like to be considered for this.