- See advert for location
- £16,500 per year full time equivalent
- 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
- Full time, permanent
Working at Scope
- Be a disability gamechanger
- Flexible working days
- 35 days holiday per year
- Discounts at gyms, shops, theatres and more.
To be responsible for the efficient collection of donated goods, including items of furniture and storing and delivering them to shops or loading bay areas, within a designated area. Assist in providing a delivery service of furniture to customer households.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Provide an efficient collection service for house to house calls, collecting donations and empty collection bags.
- Deliver furniture to customer households.
- Collect stock from textile and book banks, haulier stock and deliver to shops/depots.
- Transfer stock between shops as agreed with the Area Manager.
- Be accountable for securing your allocated vehicle and its contents at all times.
- Make arrangement for the routine maintenance and repairs to your allocated vehicle.
- Be responsible for the security of the petrol loyalty card.
- Complete accurately all relevant paperwork and time sheets to agreed deadlines and procedures.
- Comply with Scope guidelines and procedures, particularly in relation to shop security and health and safety regulations.
- Inform the Shop Manager or other appropriate manager of any suspected breach of security or noncompliance in respect of policies and procedures.
Other duties and conditions of service
The post holder is expected to work to further the mission and aim of Scope, and to comply with Scope’s policies and procedures.
This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities and the post holder will be expected to undertake other duties within the remit of the job and appropriate to their level of seniority as requested by the relevant line manager.
Knowledge and skills
- Numerate with the ability to calculate basic figures
- Ability to maintain accurate records of mileage and timesheets
Experience, qualifications and training
- Must have a full, clean UK driving licence
- Experience of dealing with the general public in a courteous and professional manner
- Experience of working in a team environment
Personal qualities and attitude
Ability to work on your own initiative
Work related circumstances
- Willing to undertake relevant training
- Able to lift heavy and/or bulky items and to use lifting equipment in the correct manner
- Willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Prepared to travel extensively throughout the area
Personal direct experience and /or knowledge of disability and disability issues would be an advantage.
Equality and inclusion are at the heart of Scope’s mission and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace with equality of opportunity for everyone.
We welcome applications from disabled people and guarantee interviews to disabled applicants who meet the minimum job criteria. Please let us know in your application if you would like to be considered for this.