Employment Adviser Leeds
- £24,000 per year
- 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
- Full time, permanent
Working at Scope
- Be a disability gamechanger
- 27 days holiday per year
- Fully accessible office
- Discounts at gyms, shops, theatres and more
To be a Disability Gamechanger
Working within a team environment you will have responsibility for a caseload of customers who are looking to access their next steps on their journey to employment. You will be providing information, advice, and guidance to them on how to achieve this. Delivering any of our portfolio of services within a given geographical area or even across our service portfolio digitally will mean you could be delivering training in a group environment or be conducting 1-2-1 sessions with customers or stakeholders as required to support our service offer.
Main responsibilities and accountabilities
- Conduct a thorough initial assessment of all customers joining the programme to understand fully their aspirations and agree a SMART action plan that clearly shows how they will achieve their goals.
- Build effective and positive relationships with disabled customers, working collaboratively, and constructively with them to identify and overcome any potential barriers preventing them from entering employment if that is their desired outcome.
- Support customers to move closer to work by providing advice and guidance to help them in obtaining volunteering or training/education opportunities if that is their desired outcome.
- Deliver group-based learning and development sessions in response to customer need within your geographic location or digitally across our portfolio of services.
- Support disabled customers to produce an up to date and professional CV and, supporting statement and covering letter, tailored appropriately for each application.
- Support disabled customers in preparing for job interviews, conducting mock interviews and assessment activity.
- Provide personalised job search support, guiding disabled customers to register on appropriate jobs boards and ensuring their digital profiles are up to date and visible to employers.
- Work towards monthly performance targets and Key Performance Indicators
- Regularly attend partner events, job fairs and conduct other marketing related activities to continually promote Scope services either digitally or face to face as the events allow to ensure a steady throughput of referrals onto our service.
- Any other duties as required to support the delivery of services.
The services are face to face and therefore you will be required to carry out outreach activities within your geographical area when restrictions ease to support disabled people into sustainable employment, volunteering, education, or training.
- Heads of Services
- Team Managers
- Extended services team and internal support teams
- Referral Organisations
- Local Specialist Provision Providers
- Voluntary/Third Sector organisations.
Knowledge and experience
- Relevant recent experience of providing advice and guidance within the Employability sector or a similar field to disabled people.
- Experience of working with external partner organisations to help promote services.
- Ability to manage your diary and caseload effectively and deliver service KPIs.
- Ability to adapt your delivery style for face to face and digital meetings as required.
- Flexibility and willingness to provide support across portfolio of services across England and Wales as customer needs dictates (digitally if out with geographic location)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to provide advice and information in a meaningful, appropriate, and supportive manner.
- Strong team working skills.
- Excellent IT skills (including Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint and Teams)
- Familiar with CRM systems, ideally Microsoft Dynamics
- IAG Level 2 and up
Skills and competencies
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with a range of customers and stakeholders/employers.
- A good understanding of social model of disability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, tailored to a variety of audiences.
- To be able to work independently (outreach nature of the role)
- Effective diary and time management skills to facilitate good management of a caseload.