Employment Adviser London or Leeds
London or Leeds
- London or Leeds
- £26,000 per year
- 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
- Full time, permanent
Working at Scope
- Be a disability gamechanger
- 27 days holiday per year
- Fully accessible office
- Discounts at gyms, shops, theatres and more
To be a Disability Gamechanger
Working within a team environment you will have responsibility for a caseload of customers who are looking to access their next steps on their journey to employment. You will be providing information, advice, and guidance to them on how to achieve this. Support to Work is our national digital service, so all interactions with Customers is via Telephone or Microsoft teams (video and Chat). Customers have access to their own portal, enabling them to view actions, resources and our exclusive job board.
Main responsibilities and accountabilities
- Conduct a thorough initial assessment of all customers joining the programme to understand fully their aspirations and agree a SMART action plan that clearly shows how they will achieve their goals.
- Build effective and positive relationships with disabled customers, working collaboratively, and constructively with them to identify and overcome any potential barriers preventing them from entering employment if that is their desired outcome.
- Support disabled customers to produce an up to date and professional CV and, supporting statement and covering letter, tailored appropriately for each application.
- Support disabled customers in preparing for job interviews, conducting mock interviews and assessment activity.
- Provide personalised job search support, guiding disabled customers to register on appropriate jobs boards and ensuring their digital profiles are up to date and visible to employers.
- Work towards monthly performance targets and Key Performance Indicators
- Any other duties as required to support the delivery of services.
- Heads of Services
- Team Managers
- Extended services team and internal support teams
Knowledge and experience
- Relevant recent experience of providing advice and guidance within the Employability sector or a similar field to disabled people.
- Experience of working with external partner organisations to help promote services.
- Ability to manage your diary and caseload effectively and deliver service KPIs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to provide advice and information in a meaningful, appropriate, and supportive manner.
- Strong team working skills.
- Excellent IT skills (including Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint and Teams)
- Familiar with CRM systems, ideally Microsoft Dynamics
- IAG Level 2 and up
Skills and competencies
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with a range of customers.
- A good understanding of social model of disability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, tailored to a variety of audiences.
- To be able to work independently
- Effective diary and time management skills to facilitate good management of a caseload.