Adviser - Disability Energy Helpline
- Whitehall Road, Leeds
- £24,000 per year
- 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
- Full time, permanent
Working at Scope
- Be a Disability Gamechanger
- Generous pension
- Discounts at gyms, restaurants and more
- 27 days annual leave
Manage a case load of disabled households struggling with their energy bills, supporting and empowering them over the phone.
- Conduct an initial assessment of all customers joining the programme to fully understand their support needs.
- Develop goal based action plans that clearly show how the customers support needs will be addressed.
- Measure, record and track “distance travelled” for each customer in caseload and ensure that an evidence based approach is adopted to recording the customer journey.
- To work collaboratively within the team to provide support where needed in to ensure key performance indicators (KPIs) are achieved.
- Any other duties as required to support the delivery of the service.
Mandatory for all staff
- To work seamlessly across department or team boundaries in a collaborative and constructive manner to implement Scope’s strategic direction.
- To demonstrate a commitment to customer service excellence and deliver against the requirements of Scope’s quality framework.
- To work within Scope’s policies and procedures.
- Heads of Delivery
- Local Delivery Managers
- Programme Leads
- Cross department including, Digital, Research and Marketing colleagues
- Safeguarding Team
- Customers and third party contacts
- Organisations - Private, Public and Third Sector who can support and enhance the delivery of the National Service.
- Local authority safeguarding teams
- Maintain links with other organisations in relation to safeguarding and wellbeing of customers and staff.
Knowledge and experience
- At least two years’ experience working in a customer focused environment, preferably on a helpline.
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of customers with an understanding of different needs and ability to respond to these.
- Effective person-centred listening and probing skills to respond to underlying issues and assist customers to make informed choices.
- Effective interpersonal skills and a positive and collaborative approach to work.
- Ability to be flexible, respond positively to change, work effectively under pressure and deal with conflicting priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to be able to communicate with customers and colleagues in a clear, meaningful and effective way
- Excellent IT skills particularly Microsoft Office and experience of using databases.
- Ability to work as part of high performing team in a busy, at times pressurised environment.
- Ability to organise workload, prioritise effectively and use own initiative.
- Excellent written English, spelling and grammar
- Methodical, with excellent attention to detail
- Willingness to undertake a Disclosure and Barring (DBS) Check
- Experience in providing energy advice.
- Lived experience of disability.
- Understanding of the social model of disability.
- Professional qualification or proven experience in relevant field.
- Experience of communicating difficult and complex information by telephone.