Furniture and Electrical Shop Assistant
- £16,344 full time equivalent per year
- As advert
- Part time, 3 month fixed term contract
Working at Scope
- Be a disability gamechanger
- 35 days holiday per year in Retail
- Excellent training and career development
- Company pension
- Discounts at gyms, restaurants and more
To work with the F & E Shop Manager and Assistant Shop Manager to help achieving optimum profit by maximising sales through excellent customer service and a professional manner.
Main responsibilities and accountabilities:
- To complete cash handling, banking and associated administration, ensuring that all till operations in accordance with Scope’s policies and procedures and the Shop Operating Manual.
- To maintain a high standard of merchandising of products both in the window and inside the F&E shop.
- To assist the F&E Shop Manager and Assistant Shop Manager to manage all aspects of stock collection and preparation; ensuring that stock processing levels are sufficient to achieve required shop floor density, encouraging stock donations at all times.
- To support the Shop manager to ensure that adequate F&E stock is available at all times (within your 3-week stock holding targets) and meet the required legal quality standards.
- To accurately record all donations by use of the telephone donation log.
- To assist the F&E Shop Manager to promote Gift Aid to customers, ensuring volunteers
have an understanding of the scheme and are able to maximise the opportunity for Scope.
- To demonstrate excellent customer service, internally and externally, always promoting good practice within the shop.
- To meet required performance standards and targets.
- To participate fully in Scope’s Performance Management process.
- To support and work with staff including volunteers with the aim to effectively help run the shop on a daily basis.
- To comply with Scope’s policies and procedures and Shop Operating Manual, particularly in relation to shop security and health and safety regulations, and the completion of general administration tasks to required deadlines.
- To ensure you sell electrical good correctly and comply with all legal standards outlined for electrical goods.
- To inform the appropriate manager of any concerns regarding non-compliance, in respect of Scope’s policies and procedures, ensuring that confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- To maintain a good standard of housekeeping, in line with Scope’s Visual Merchandising and back office standards, creating an environment that is pleasant and safe for customers, shop staff and volunteers.
- To present a positive and professional image to customers, staff and volunteers at all times, being an ambassador for Scope.
- This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities and the post holder will be expected to undertake other duties within the remit of the job and appropriate to their level of seniority as requested by the relevant line management.
Specific tasks assigned
Mandatory for all staff
- Attend and undertake any relevant key training workshops, events or meetings as required, playing an active role and carrying out all actions required following the events.
- Must be willing to work in other F & E shops occasionally if requested.
- In line with the Shop Operating manual fully act and take responsibility of the duties if assigned to a shop key holder.
- To work seamlessly across department or team boundaries in a collaborative and constructive manner to implement Scope’s strategic direction
- To demonstrate a commitment to customer service excellence and deliver against the requirements of Scope’s quality framework.
- To work within Scope’s policies and procedures.
Head of Furniture & Electrical, Area Manager
Other Shop Managers
Other office staff.
Other external organisations.
- Good standard of education
Knowledge and experience
- Proven experience in a retail or customer service environment.
- Experience of cash handling, banking and security associated with the task.
- Proven organisational and prioritising skills.
- Ability to be flexible, respond positively to change, and work effectively under pressure and deal with conflicting priorities.
- Demonstrable understanding of the social model of disability
- Knowledge of Merchandising and displays.
Skills and competencies
- Good written and numerical skills to be able to carry out written and numeric administration tasks.
- Ability to communicate well with the general public and external customers.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service in an efficient manner.
- Ability to initiate ideas/solutions to encourage more sales and generate more stock.