London - Closes on 22/02/2021
- Stratford, London
- £25,000 - £35,000 per year
- 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
- Full time, Six months Fixed Term Contract
Working at Scope
- Be a disability gamechanger
- 27 days holiday per year
- Flexible working
- Discounts at gyms, restaurants and more
Overall purpose of the Role:
The Governance Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Providing professional governance and administrative support to the Sub Committees of Scope’s Board of Trustees;
- Supporting the Head of Governance and Company Secretary in ensuring that Scope fulfils its obligations under legal and regulatory regimes; and
- Contributing to and managing forward planning processes for the Board and its Sub-Committees.
Responsible for managing Scope’s Signing Register which will entail making
improvements to, and providing advice on, the use of the Scheme of Delegation
and ensuring compliance with this document.
- The Chief Executive
- Members of the Executive Leadership Team
- The Chair of Scope
- Trustees and Independent Committee Members
- Report authors (senior staff) across the organisation
- Scope’s Auditors
- Other Committee attendees
- To work seamlessly across department or team boundaries in a collaborative and constructive manner to implement Scope’s strategic direction.
- To demonstrate a commitment to customer service excellence and deliver against the requirements of Scope’s quality framework.
- To work within Scope’s policies and procedures at all times.
- Make all practical arrangements for Committee and Board meetings including room booking, ordering catering and making necessary AV arrangements.
- Act as key point of contact and advice on governance and general matters relating to Sub-Committees for internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide advice and guidance to Trustees and senior staff on the compliance of decision making with the relevant legislation and regulations and Scope’s own governing documents.
- Manage and improve Scope’s Signing Register and provide advice on the Scheme of Delegation.
- Manage forthcoming business for Sub-Committees ensuring that they reflect and feed into the Board’s work programme; negotiating with Trustees, external stakeholders and senior staff to produce high-quality Committee work plans to feed into the wider governance plan.
- Managing the filing of compliance documents with Companies House and the Charity Commission.
- Support the full cycle of business for the Board’s Sub-Committees including preparing agenda packs, attending meetings, minute taking and following up on agreed actions.
- Provide administrative support to the Head of Governance and Company Secretary and to the wider Chief Executive’s Office.
- Communicate with, and provide appropriate challenge to, Trustees, senior staff and colleagues on matters relating to the business of all Sub-Committees.
Specific tasks assigned
- Act as a co-ordinator for meetings of the Assembly including room and hotel
- bookings, ordering catering and making all necessary arrangements for Scope’s Members.
- Manage and process meeting expenses for Trustees, Independent Committee Members and Members of Scope.
- Provide advice on the signing of contracts as determined by the Scheme of Delegation.
- Manage contracts to be signed by Trustees and ensure that they are reflected
- on Scope’s Signing Register and in reports to the Board.
- Provide support to the Head of Governance and Company Secretary in the recruitment of Trustees.
These duties may be added to or deleted from and may be subject to change.
Scope Core Values
- We are ambitious and determined to drive change. We focus on the impact we have. We innovate and strive for better, pushing ourselves and our boundaries.
- We are single-minded in our desire to achieve equality. We are bold, challenging the status quo, ourselves and each other. Not afraid to fail fast and learn quickly.
- We connect and collaborate internally and externally, to create a fairer society. We’ll listen and share, tapping into the expertise of others.
- We are transparent about what we do and how we do things. Creating supportive, accessible environments – building trust with each other and our customers to achieve more.
- We make sure everyone has a fair chance. We value and respect each other’s expertise and diversity. We take responsibility.