Information Security Analyst
- Stratford, London
- £30,000 to £40,000 per year
- 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
- Full time, permanent
Working at Scope
- 27 days annual leave
- Flexible and home working
- Generous pension
- Discount at gyms, restaurants, shops and more
Information security analysts monitor Scope's security systems to protect our computer networks from cyber-attack and help set and maintain security to a high standard.
We are looking for an Information Security Analyst to work as part of our Technical services team. You will monitor our infrastructure networks for security issues, install security software, and document any security issues or breaches you find. You should have an understanding or willing to learn security compliance best practices and data protection law.
- Monitor computer networks for security issues.
- Investigate security breaches and other cyber security incidents.
- Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls, end point protection and data encryption programs.
- Document security breaches and assess the damage they cause.
- Work with infrastructure teams to perform tests and uncover network vulnerabilities.
- Assist in the fixing of detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard.
- Stay current on IT security trends and news.
- Develop company-wide best practices for IT security and help colleagues understand information security management best practice.
- Gather and analyse data for Information Security Reviews, Audits, Risk Register, and Privacy Impact Assessments.
- Understand the data inventory and risk assess data where appropriate.
- Ability to spot trends in security weaknesses and out of the box thinking to remediate as they arise.
- Assist in the production of relevant policies and processes to support Scope’s information security function.
- Ability to map processes that meet security compliance standards.
- Ensure the organisation remains legally compliant and implement controls for best security practice.
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management.
- Stay up-to-date on information technology trends and security standards.
- All Scope staff
- Scope volunteers (where appropriate)
- Auditors and penetration testers
- Information Commissioners Office
- A minimum of three years’ experience of working in the information technology sector
- A keen interest in information security and data protection.
- You should be friendly and approachable and able to engage with both ICT staff members and the broader business.
- Excellent technical IT skills
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Critical and out of the box thinking.
- Knowledge of Cyber Essentials
- General Data Protection Regulations
- Payment Card Industry Data Security
- Standard Compliance, ISO-27001
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library Service Management
Equality and inclusion are at the heart of Scope’s mission and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace with equality of opportunity for everyone.
We welcome applications from disabled people and guarantee interviews to disabled applicants who meet the minimum job criteria. Please let us know in your application if you would like to be considered for this.