- Stratford, London
- £41,000 per year
- 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
- Full time, permanent
Working at Scope
- Be a disability gamechanger
- 27 days holiday per year
- Flexible working
- Discounts at gyms, restaurants and more
To support, manage, maintain, configure and monitor Scope’s Microsoft Azure environments and small onsite server & network capability. This includes inputting to the future design, involved in assessing continual improvement to optimise use and cost, as well as system availability, performance and resource capacity. This role is responsible for an appropriate level of training for other members of staff within the Service Desk team and providing troubleshoot / issue management as and when required.
- Be part of the Finance and Technology Services Directorate by promoting and supporting Scope as it becomes a digitally enabled organisation
- To support and develop Scope’s Azure and Microsoft Windows based server infrastructure (and other OS as required).
- To monitor developments in server and network technology, and advise on how Scope can benefit from technology developments in this area
- To work with external suppliers or service providers, representing Scope’s interests at all times
- To ensure a high quality of service and availability of the server infrastructure to the organisation
- To keep the security and performance of Scope’s server infrastructure under frequent review and to advise or take pre-emptive action as appropriate.
- Works with all aspects of implementation and management of servers and Scope’s server infrastructure,
- Monitor Azure server performance, backups and security and to take remedial or pre-emptive action as necessary.
- To advise on performance and security issues and to make recommendations for development of the server network
- To advise and take action as necessary to maintain a secure computing environment.
- To ensure at all times an adequate level of connectivity and support for staff connecting to the local area network.
- To support and advise staff on use of these facilities, in accordance with the organisations policies and priorities.
- To implement and maintain tools to run and monitor the server network (HP Tools, VMWare, SCCM, etc.)
- Key suppliers and relevant organisations
Knowledge and experience
- Microsoft MCSA Windows 10 Certification or equivalent
- Cisco CCNA Certification or equivalent
- MCSA: Cloud Platform Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate
Good understanding of Azure server architecture and Azure Cloud platform including:
- Azure Active Directory
- Azure Resource Manager
- Azure SQL PaaS
- Azure IaaS: VNets, ExpressRoute, VPN Gateways, Load balancer, DNS, NSG
- Azure web hosting
- Azure site recovery and back-up
- Deployment of infrastructure
- Azure Powershell
- Azure storage accounts
- Azure Iaas
- Azure Security
- A good understanding of monitoring tools (such as SCOM, OMS, Solarwinds)
- Good understanding of Microsoft Server Infrastructure
- Proven knowledge of working with Active Directory and Group Policy
- Working knowledge of Windows 2016 Server Operating System
- Demonstrable understanding of networking technologies and protocols including Wireless technologies, routing, switching, firewalls.
- Demonstrable understanding of the social model of disability
- Strong all round Infrastructure background
- Proven organisational and prioritising skills
- Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to provide excellent customer service in an efficient and courteous manner
- Ability to be flexible, respond positively to change, and work effectively under pressure and deal with conflicting priorities
- Demonstrable ability to work on own initiative and with minimum supervision
- Ability to provide support remotely using tools such as SCCM, Sysaid or Kaseya