Online Marketplace Lister
- Ardwick, Manchester
- £17,500 per year
- 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
- Full time, Fixed Term Contract (Six Months)
Working at Scope
- Be a disability gamechanger
- 27 days holiday per year
- Flexible working
- Discounts at gyms, restaurants and more
Overall purpose of the Role:
The Online Sales Executive will be responsible for raising money to support disability charity Scope's work, by researching and listing items to sell online.
- Area Manager
- Divisional support manager
- Shop managers
- Operational and support staff
- Logistics companies
- Community organisations
- Volunteer providers
- Probation service
- Contribute to the online sales department making a significant profit to support Scope's work
- Research and identify items to sell online
- Input items online
- Actively promote Scope whenever possible
- To support Scopes volunteers to be able to make a valuable contribution to the work of Scope.
- Spot trends and opportunities to promote Scope, the online sales operation and stock donations in the local community.
- Be an excellent role model and create a positive environment so that all colleagues working within the online sales department feel motivated and valued.
- Join area meetings, retail events and training as required
- Make sure daily tasks are carried out in line with the Scope policies and procedures.
- Achieve profit targets by maximising sales through on line listing
- Research and select donated stock prior to listing
- Completing high quality listings which provide accurate photography and detailed descriptions of items
- Price stock or set a minimum reserve for an item in line with research or Scope guidelines
- Adhere to gift aid procedure when processing gift aided donations
- Prepare sold items for posting in a safe and cost effective way
- Work to daily targets for listing quantity and quality
- Keep up to date and comply with Ebay’s and other company’s policies on items which cannot be sold
- Keep the online sales working environment safe, clean and welcoming to colleagues, volunteers and visitors
- Comply with Scope’s policies and procedures
- Complete all relevant administration on time and in accordance to Scope’s policies and procedures
- Notify the Online sales manager/ Retail area manager/ Head of Portfolio in the event of a break in, suspected theft or security incident (this includes suspected dishonesty by colleagues or volunteers)
- Provide a safe environment that protects all colleagues or volunteers and comply with all health and safety regulations as per Scope’s policies and procedures
- Report any maintenance or health and safety issues in the online working environment
- The role requires continuous manual handling of stock, in volume on a daily basis. It will require a reasonable level of fitness and exertion, including carrying stock on a regular basis.
- Any other reasonable tasks your manager asks you to help with.
Scope Core Values
- We are ambitious and determined to drive change. We focus on the impact we have. We innovate and strive for better, pushing ourselves and our boundaries.
- We are single-minded in our desire to achieve equality. We are bold, challenging the status quo, ourselves and each other. Not afraid to fail fast and learn quickly.
- We connect and collaborate internally and externally, to create a fairer society. We’ll listen and share, tapping into the expertise of others.
- We are transparent about what we do and how we do things. Creating supportive, accessible environments – building trust with each other and our customers to achieve more.
- We make sure everyone has a fair chance. We value and respect each other’s expertise and diversity. We take responsibility.