Scope’s Research Panel is a group of disabled people who use their lived experiences to take part in online and face to face research projects. You will help manage and grow the Panel, and make sure that disabled people have a voice.
Main responsibilities and accountabilities
Over the last three years, panelists from Scope’s Research Panel have helped improve Scope’s website, campaigns, services, partnerships and more. We’re looking for a Panel Officer to support us with the day to day running of the Research Panel as we grow. You’ll help organise research projects (from surveys, to one to one sessions and UX sessions, to focus groups), as well as organising travel arrangements and incentives, managing our new online Panel platform, and engaging with new panelists.
This is an exciting and challenging role with lots of potential for development. By making sure that disabled people and their families are heard, you can make a real difference and drive change.
The role will primarily be based at Scope’s office in Stratford, East London and may require some travel to external events and locations.
Customer and Market Insight Manager (Reporting to)
Strategy, Evidence and Insight department
Strategy, Insight and Social Change directorate (including Policy, Campaigns and Communications)
Marketing, Fundraising, Digital, and Delivery
Existing customers of Scope services and products
Scope website and community users
Corporate partners and charities Scope work with
- Excellent communication and administrative skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work within a team
- Able to develop rapport with a wide range of people in varying circumstances
- Enjoy challenges and demonstrate problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Good time management skills coupled with the ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
- Comfortable being a part of all aspects, stages and tasks during the life cycle of a standard research project
Qualifications - Desirable
- MRS Diploma or other recognised research qualifications .
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of working in research or with research panels
- A good working knowledge of market research methodologies
- An interest in developing research experience in the social research sector
- Lived experience of disability
- Demonstrable understanding of the social model of disability
- Experience using market research field software
Skills and Competencies
- Great communication skills and a strong grasp of the English language; you will be responsible for contacting panellists via our online portal, email, SMS, phone calls etc. using a clear, concise writing style
- Excellent attention to detail and a high degree of numeracy
- Exceptional organisational skills as well as the ability to work under pressure; able to work flexibly and manage workloads according to business demands
- Good IT knowledge and experience on Microsoft projects, especially using Excel and Outlook
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative and hit the ground running
- Understanding of project management techniques
- Practical experience of qualitative and quantitative research methods
Grade specific competencies
- Contribute effectively and engage in team meetings
- To utilise volunteers appropriately within the department.
Mandatory for all staff
- To work seamlessly across department or team boundaries in a collaborative and constructive manner to implement Scope’s strategic direction
- To demonstrate a commitment to customer service excellence and deliver against the requirements of Scope’s quality framework.
- To work within Scope’s policies and procedures.